Burn The Surrender's Flag

Eden started crying at eight in the morning, when she usually woke up Rebekah told me. I picked baby Eden up from her crib. 

"Hi, honey. Mama's here." 

I brought Eden downstairs to see Elijah and Hayley a bunch of smiling messes while they made breakfast. "I'm gonna puke." I groan. Elijah had a large smile on his face as he kissed the top of Eden's head. 

"Good morning, Harper." Elijah smiled.

I groaned again. "I am so glad I didn't come downstairs for water last night, and I am never sitting on that couch ever again. I might burn it." I tell them. "If you didn't go downstairs, how did you know that we did it on the couch?" Hayley asked.

"This is the reason why being a Feeler is such a curse." I tell them.

"Klaus is bringing Cami here, by the way. You know, if you were done puking." Hayley told me, chewing on a strawberry. "Why?" I asked. "Finn may try to target her if she's in town. Oh, and last night, Rebekah was moved into another body, but they don't know where, and Esther is in transition." Hayley explained. 

"I never thought of turning her before. Good idea, I guess." I shrug and settle Eden in my arms and start to feed her. 

After about twenty minutes, I felt the car pull up and Eden was just about finished with her bottle. I dressed her quickly and wrapped a blanket around her. I walked out of the house with Eden in hand to see Klaus and Camille at the bottom steps.

"Camille, this is Eden." 

"Oh, my God. But I-You said-I thought she was-" Camille stammered. "The only way to truly protect her was to convince the world of her death. I hope you understand." Klaus faced her. Camille smiled widely with tears in her eyes.

"Once it's safe with you to leave here, our secret cannot leave here with you." Klaus told her. Camille nodded and went up the steps to meet me and Eden. We laughed as she bagan to fuss. "Oh, she's perfect." Camille cried.

 _________

I rocked Eden till she finally fell asleep, I set her into her crib and made my way out of her room. I went downstairs to meet with Klaus as he began to head out the front door. I closed the door behind me and faced him.

"I can't leave." I tell him. Klaus stayed silent and looked at me questionably at my statement. "Okay, this is the one thing, the one thing in my life that I need to protect and nurture. I can't do that from afar. Eden is so deeply a part of me that I can't function knowing that she is without one of her parents. I trust Elijah with my life, I really do, but when he has episodes like this, I just can't fathom-" I explain.

Klaus grabs my shoulder and looks me in the eye. "I would never ask you to leave. That's why I asked Hayley to." Klaus assured me. "Klaus?" I asked. "Kill the threat." I order him. "In the name of our daughter, I will annihilate any threat that targets our family." Klaus assures me.

Tears prick my eyes and I wrap my arms around him. "I love you." I whisper. "I love you too." Klaus told me. Hayley exited the house and rolled her eyes. "Now look who's all gross." She murmurs. 

"Oh, shut up." I tell her, letting go of Klaus and watching as she left with her bags to the car.

"Be safe. Call me." I order.

"I will. Give Eden a kiss for me." He told me. "Will do." I say. Klaus was off on his way with Hayley to fight not against enemies, but in the only war that mattered; family.

________

I decided that for a while I'd practice my abilities. I meditated like I used to. I sat on my bedroom floor and pulled the power in and out of the ground, taking and then giving back, replenishing the earth.