WHAT? Pt.1 of 3

"Carl you can't always protect me, I'm going to get hurt, I'm going to get myself in trouble, I'm going to go outside and risk my life, but that's just our life now and you can't always be there, you can't always hold me back" I said fustrated as I burried my face in my hands.

"No but I can try my hardest to God damn try" he fought back.

"Carl please I don't want to fight anymore we have been doing it way to often and I'm sick of it" Tears rolled down my cheeks as I quickly wiped them away.

"I'm just saying I don't want you coming with us, it's to dangeourous, Negan is dangerous and I can't loose you" Carl sat down on the bed.

"Carl I want to be with you, I want to make sure your okay to, but some times I have to let it go and know that you can take care of yourself" I turned around in the wheelie chair and faced him.

"I just... I love you so much and I already lost so many people you have lost so many people and we need each other, if I lost you I don't know what the hell I would do" I saw his eyes starting to brim with tears.

"I love you so much to I don't want to loose you either, but please let me come, then you can protect me all you want, but I would rather be with you so that I could try my best to protect you to, we made a promise Carl a promise that we would always love each other, and that we would protect each other, that we will always be there for one another, the minute we got together we promised each other that, and I'm not going to let my promise down" I said.

"Marry me" I went wide eyed at the boy who stood in front of me.

"Car...." I studdered.

"Just hear me out, I love you and you love me we made a promise now why don't we make it official" he said smiling.

"Carl were 18" I chuckled.

"Who cares I love you and I want to marry you" he stood up and kissed me on the forehead.

"Carl" I looked at him. His face slowley dropped as I hesitated.

"Yes of course" I said kissing him all over his face.

"Come on" he said interlacing our fingers and running out of the room.

"Where are we going" I said as he grabbed a duffle bag and rushed towards the gates.

"Come on" he said climbing over the wall he put out his hand and he pulled me up and over the wall.

"Can you tell me where we're going" I said after a few minutes of running.

"Here" he said stopping in front of a lake.

"This is where we first met" I said tearing up remembering everything.

"Get off of me" a man had me by my arms on the edge of a cliff.

"Stop struggling" the man yelled.

All of a sudden a boy came up behind the man and stabbed him straight through his skull causing him the loosen his grip and sending me tumbling down into the water.

A hit my head on a rock and everything started to go fuzzy. I was loosing breath. All of a sudden a pair of hands grabbed me and pulled me up out of the water. I coughed and gasped for air.

"Are you okay" the boy asked. I nodded unable to speak.

Once he pulled me onto the shore he carried me in the bridle way and rushed me to his camp. He took care of me and became my bestfriend. We fell in love a couple months after that and now its been 2 years together.

" I love you" I said turning to him. I stood on top of the cliff looking over the water the moon made it sparkle and it glowed over Carl's skin.

"So will you Y/N/L/N take me Carl Grimes to be your loving husband" he took my hands in his.

"I do" I smiled. "And do you Carl Grimes take me Y/N/L/N to be your loving wife"

"I do" Carl said.

"And do you always promise to keep the promise that we made to each other the day we got together Friday August 8th" I asked.

"I do" he said again.

"I may now kiss my husband" I smiled and kissed him. He slowley backed up as we kissed causing us to fall of the edge of the cliff. As I hit the water Carl instantly grabbed me pulling me up.

"Are you okay" he chuckled.

"Ya are you" I laughed.

"I'm the happiest man on the earth" he kissed me again.

"And I'm the happiest woman on the earth" I kissed him back. He held me in his arms and wrapped me in a hug.

"We should get back, and tell everyone the good news" He carried me bridle style out of the water.

"Just like old times" I smiled.

______________
We came back dry enough it was warm outside even at night. As we came in everyone was asleep except for the two on watch. We decided to wait and go to sleep since we had a log day ahead of us tomorrow.

"I love you" I said as he wrapped his arms around me.

"I love you to Mrs.Grimes" he chuckled.

"I like that Y/N Grimes" Carl said

"I like it to" I said.