5.

Two weeks ago, I was a single mom. Now, Nathan is over here every other day. It's so strange being with him in the house and it just... works. Everything fits together. I get a rest while Nathan spends some time with them. Other times we're all together and I'm teaching Nathan the basics and not so basics. I taught him how to properly change a diaper and feeding them but Nathan is a natural. He already figured out that Tyler won't eat unless his sister is eating too. That Nina hates baths and Tyler loves getting tickles. Some of these things are even new to me, stuff i didn't realise. It's actually fun. I don't feel like I am alone a lot now, I even look forward to Nathan coming over.

Nathan has told me all about his work and I can't say that it's not impressive. He is the boss of a huge corporation and owns a chain of very successful hotels across the states. Nathan is basically a billionaire and I wish I was exaggerating. He didn't come outright and say it but I can tell, even by the way he talks about things to do with money. Nathan told me he inherited it from his family but I know for a fact that he worked for a lot of it on his own. That's something he's very private about, his family. I'm the opposite, I babble on about my family constantly and I think that's because I miss them so much. I can tell Nathan doesn't like talking about his family as he usually gives short answers whenever I bring it up so I avoid the subject now.

"Where are you originally from?" Nathan asked last night, as we were eating dinner in front of the tv. The kids had finally gone to sleep and we were relaxing.

"Barcelona. I moved here with my family when I was fifteen." I had never brought it up before and it was the first time he asked too. The only give away is the tinge of my lingering accent.

"I was going to guess Portuguese, I knew you had some sort of an accent. Um... ¿Hablas Espanol?"

I laughed, "Sí." I said a few more sentences in Spanish but I could tell by his rough accent that he had zero clue what I was talking about. His eyes had been zeroed in on my lips the whole time and it caused a faintest of blush to appear on my cheeks.

"Fuck, you sound so sexy speaking in Spanish." He said it in such a nonchalant tone, as if he was just talking about something mundane.

I practically chocked on my food trying not to think about how my cheeks were now flaming red, "Um, thank you."

He chuckled, "Red is a good colour on you."

"Stop!" I defended, his taunting only making my face hotter.

We locked gazes and I hadn't realised my body was inching closer and closer until his face was centimetres from mine. I didn't know what to think, I didn't even know what to feel but before I knew it, Nathan's lips were on mine.

I transported myself right back to the night we shared. It felt surreal to be kissing him but it also felt so undeniably right. Suddenly, his ringtone blared through the phone in his pocket and I practically jumped off him. He moved away, pulling his phone from his back pocket.

He glanced at it, "I'm sorry I have to take this." With that, he left the living room and I took a deep breath trying to calm down. I touched my lips, the faint feeling of his lips there minutes ago- still fresh in my mind. Then, my mind decides to finally catch up with my actions. I grimaced, wanting to go back in time and shake myself. What did we just do?
Complicate things.

~~

The next morning, I was explaining the whole thing to Hailey who had come over for a visit.
"Oh wow. Do you think you will, you know, go there with him?" She asks wiggling her eyebrows.

"No! Yes? I don't know.. Why does this whole thing have to be so difficult?" I ask flopping backwards onto my bed. Hailey lay beside me and the air around us changed, I could tell she wanted badly to change the subject but I didn't know what she had to tell me.