Losin' Control

LOSIN CONTROL

Keith glanced over at Y/N as she sat with a glare on her face in the front sit of his car. He dropped the L word on her.

They've been dating for a couple of months now Keith has been noticed he has love for her but he didn't want to say anything because he didn't know if she felt the same.

Her last relationship was rocky. Ended with her heart being broken.

Y/N promised herself she would never fall for someone the same way again but Keith changed her mind. She can't help being attracted to him despite her past relationship.

"I can't keep hiding my feelings for you, Y/N." Keith said sitting back in the drivers sit with one hand on the wheel and the other on the gear shift.

She didn't want to tell him the real reason behind her not wanting him to love her but she has to if she wants him to stay.

"It's not you, Keith," She started feeling her eyes form tears. "It's me. I don't trust myself anymore."

He seen tears coming down her face and decided he needed to pull over to give her his undivided attention.

"Talk to me. Tell me why you're hesitant about being in a real relationship with me and why you don't trust yourself." Looking him in his eyes, she started playing with her fingers.

"My ex boyfriend did me so wrong-"

"Did he cheat? I wouldn't cheat on you, Y/N." Keith interrupted.

"No he didn't cheat but I sometimes wished he would've," She paused to gather the right words. "He made me feel like I was nothing and that I was never going to be nothing.

When he would do something wrong, he'll flip it back on me like he was the victim. It was going on for three years until I finally had enough courage to leave him."

Seeing her cry broke his heart. After knowing her for six months, he knew nothing about her past relationship. He only thought she was stubborn about being in a relationship.

"Why don't you trust yourself?"

"My confidence isn't there anymore. I don't trust the way I think... I love you, Keith. I really do. I didn't want to fall for you but I did. I fell and can't get up," Sharing a small laugh with her, he motioned for her to continue. "But I don't think I want to."

Understanding what she means, he started asking questions.

"You feel like you're losing control of your feelings?" Nodding her head yes while wiping her tears.

"Why were you trying to hide that you love me?"

"I didn't think you'll catch me. I thought you'd do me the same way he did and there's just something about you and I can't stop being around you no matter how hard I used to tried."

Remembering an argument they had months prior. He finally understood why she just went off on him. Banging on his chest like a bongo.

Getting in the backseat and pulling her with him, he laid back and made her lay down with her back on his chest.

"I promise I will never treat you the way he did, Y/N." He started playing in her hair while she was playing with his left hand.

"I know." She mumbled closing her eyes.

-

I know Russ said the guy in the song cheated but that wasn't what I wanted to say.