Pilot Pt1

"7:15 you guys!" Freddie said as he woke up his sisters. He walked down the hall and knocked on his little brother's door. 

"7:15," he said to Derek, who was playing with Lacy.

"First shower!" Isla called as she raced out of bed.

"You had it yesterday!" Her sister, Lil said as she chased her to the bathroom. Isla got in first and shut the door.

"Fuck!" Lil yelled as she went downstairs. Freddie got the milk out of the fridge and looked at the calendar. Electric was due today. He put the milk on the table grabbed the box they use to pass around money for the bills.

"Electric," he said, handing it to Lil.

"Coming through!" Isla came in with Carly on her back.

"Electric," Lil said, placing $15 in the box and handing it to Isla. 

"Electric," Isla put in $13 and passed it to Carly who passed it to Derek.

"No! You've got a happy meal on the front of that shirt!" Freddie said as he walked over to Carly, who looked down at the barbecue sauce stains on the front of her shirt.

"Arms up," Freddie said as he lifted Carly's shirt off and put it back on inside out.

"Field trip. Need mom's signature," Isla said as she handed Derek her permission slip. Derek copied his mom's signature onto the piece of paper.

"Wow, Derek that's getting really good," Lil said, admiring her little brother's work.

"Who's got the phone?" Freddie asked, referring to their stolen phone that they pass around.

"I got it," Lil replied. 

"Any minutes left?"

"Uh, fourteen," Lil said, throwing it to Freddie.

"How much are we short?" Freddie asked, walking over to the table and looking in the box.

"Eighteen dollars and thirty cents," Derek replied.

"I'm tutoring after school, should be able to kick in like, 10 more," Lil said.

"Did Carly put any money in?" Isla asked. Carly shook her head.

"You're almost nine, you're gonna have to start pulling your weight!" Derek told her. She shrugged.

"That's right, and get a real job, not just dipping into the collection plate at St Tim's" Lil said to Carly.

"I'm filling in for Candi at work, I can cover the rest," Freddie said, with Lacy on his lap.

"Extra kraut on mine,"

"Cheese on mine," 

"Somebody's gotta take Lacy," Freddie said.

"Uh, I got a calculus test," Lil said, getting up from the table. Freddie looked at Isla.

"I'm working after school," Isla said. Freddie looked at Carly. It was obvious that he couldn't get Carly to take Lacy. He looked at Derek.

"Show and tell?" Derek suggested.

"Show them the birthmark on her back. It looks like Latvia," Freddie said, handing Lacy to Derek. Everybody rushed out of the house. Mornings were rough in the Gallagher house, but they got through it.

...

Like every day, The kids all went to school, and Freddie went to his shitty minimum-wage job.

"No Candi again?" Freddie's coworker asked as he came into work.

"Bobby's got a bail hearing," Freddie replied.