twelve

It was almost four in the afternoon, Draco puts on a black buttoned sleeves and a good tie before going out on a date with Emma. He thought that going on a date with her would clear his mind from his you-know-who.

But before that, he opened the book that he bought a day ago that was all about Muggles. He has to make sure that she won't suspect that he is in fact a wizard.

It was then five pm as he steps out of his house, making his way back to the leaky cauldron and on his way to the muggle world.

He makes his way to the pub, seeing Emma in a bright red dress, standing outside the pub as she puts on her red lipstick.

Draco took a deep breath, and walked over to her. "Sorry, I'm a bit late.." He says as he awkwardly hugs her. "It's all right." Emma smiles, eyeing him from up to down, noticing he didn't brought any flowers with him. It was surely a friendly date she thought to herself.

"Since you're not from here, I know a great place where to get some grub!" She smiles. "Come on" she continues as she offered her hand to him, Draco holds her hand as they head down the streets of London. They stopped by a restaurant downtown which wasn't fancy yet looked like something Draco can afford.

They sat down near the window, over-looking the streets and a magic shop right across.

"So, Draco tell me about yourself"

"About myself? Hmm.." he stopped for a moment and thought about a muggle job. "I'm an.. adventurer" he lied, though it was the only thing close to what he wanted to say. "I travel a lot. With some friends and uh. Let's just say there's this one in particular who didn't come with me in London so.."

"That's terrible." Emma pouts. "Yeah well, that's life. I'm still planning on going to a lot of places." He said. "Have you been to paris? It's like the most romantic city in the whole world! It's breath taking, actually.. My family and I went there when I was a baby. Before they died."

"Oh, that's heartbreaking." Draco frowns.

"Well I was two years old when they died. I was left in the orphanage and the care takers thought my parents were freaks. I don't even know why'd they say that."

"Freaks?"

"Like, extraordinary people. I think they've said they used to work in a circus, I just can't remember. How about you? How's your family?"

Draco paused for a moment and looked down, trying to avoid that particular conversation. "Oh, I'm sorry for bringing that up."

Luckily, the waiter saved him from a bad light and asked them their orders.

"I'll just have a ceasar salad, what about you?" Emma looked upon Draco's grey eyes.

"S-same thing."

"Now Draco, where do you actually live? You seem pretty mysteriously interesting" she says.

"Um.." he looked over the place, looking for words that sound like an actual place. He looked out at the window, conveniently saw a shop named American Apparel beside the magic shop.

"American--"

"You're an american? Wow! And you have a british accent that's cool! Did you grow up there with british people or?"

"British people"

"That's fantastic! So this is your first time in london?" She asked and all he did was nod because the rest of her questions he hasn't got any other answers prepared.

"It must be awesome to be an adventurer.. I'm still stuck in college and still wishing that someday I become a politician or a lawyer or an ambassador or something like that." She chuckles.