The One With the Secrets

Chapter 14 The One With the Secrets

They didn't get far before Mr. and Mrs. Weasley showed up with Ginny and heavy books in their arms. They went to the apothecary and Eeylops Owl shop, before arriving at Fred and George's joke shop. Merlin bought some potions ingredients, plus a little extra stuff, just in case.

Everybody froze when they saw the shop. It was like a fireworks explosion, compared to the other poster covered stores in the rest of Diagon Alley. There were things that spun around, jumped and shrieked and on one of the windows, there was a giant poster in dark purple, and flaming yellow letters. It read:

Why are you worrying about YOU-KNOW-WHO?

You should be worrying about

U-NO-POO

The constipation sensation that's gripping the nation

Merlin couldn't stop himself from laughing, it was just so liberating, and it felt nice to get rid of the lingering anger he felt, from the run in with the boy. He soon realised that Harry and Ron had joined in, with the laughter.

He was the first to walk in to the store, not bothering to respond to Mrs. Weasley's mutterings. He could barely get through; there were so many people in there. He decided to find a place where he could look around a bit. Luckily, most customers were children, and he was pretty tall, so he could easily see over the crowd of people and read the labels on each row. He saw one that stood out.

Merlin's magic potions it read on the row, farthest from the entrance. He walked over, curiosity getting the better of him. It wasn't a large section but there were at least forty different potions stacked on two shelves, and on the shelf to the right of the potions, there were different books, were you could brew your own potions.

He started to read the labels on the potions, there was all from love potions to pimple removals. But when he came to the end, he noticed a space between two potions. There was a label that read Ageing potion – coming soon. Merlin couldn't help but chuckle a little. They had clearly saved room for his supposed potion. He continued looking over the rest of the bottles.

Merlin decided that some of the potions could be useful later, so he picked up a few and placed them in a bag he had over from the apothecary. He also decided to buy some of the books, so he could brew some of the more advanced potions himself.

He continued to walk around the shop, to see if he could find some other useful things. He came across the Muggle section and saw Harry standing there with Fred and George.

"Marcus," Fred said and patted him on the back. "So good to see you, pal."

"How are you doing?" George asked and threw an arm around his shoulders.

"Have you thought about our suggestion?" Fred continued.

"The time's up." George finished.

"Yes I have." Merlin answered.

"And?" Fred asked.

"And what?" Merlin asked, with a faked, confused expression.

"Can we have it? The potion?" George asked.

"Hmm," Merlin pretended to think about it. "No."

"No?" They both said.

"Yes."

"Wait, you agree?" Fred perked up.

"No," Merlin shook his head in frustration. "I mean yes that I say no, to the suggestion." He clarified.