Episode 104

GUESS WHAT? I'M ON A WRITING STREAK SO, HERE YOU GO! ANOTHER NEW EPISODE! HOPEFULLY THIS INSPIRATION LASTS! COMMENTS HELP!

DON'T FORGET TO HIT THAT PLAY BUTTON! ;)

~

~ 3 Years Earlier {1 Year After High School} ~

Mia had spent all night pacing the apartment, phone in hand. She had called practically everyone she knew when Logan had failed to come home after making a run to Sherwin Williams. Mia called everyone they knew, hoping maybe Logan had just stopped by a friend’s house. Scarlett said she was on her way home so she would make a circle around town and see if she could spot his motorcycle but Mia hadn’t heard anything from her in over twenty minutes. Mia continues biting at her nails out of nerves and looks down to realize nearly every nail had been bitten down to over half its normal length. The phone rings, causing Mia’s heart to speed up just momentarily and she wasn’t sure if it was a good or bad thing but she answered quickly all the same. “Hello?”

“Mia Wade,” the woman on the other end questions in a soft voice. Mia’s heart immediately sinks, her hands begin shaking and without much to go on, she knew this call wasn’t to say Logan just got stuck in traffic.

“This is she.” Mia answers, her voice cracking under the frightening circumstances.

“There has been an accident…”

~

The doors to the hospital swung open as Mia charged through, her heart and head working overtime just to keep up with the fear pushing her body to do more. “I’m looking for Logan Wade. I got a call saying he had been in a motorcycle accident.” She stands at the information desk, starring down at the woman in a frantic state. Her hair was disheveled and her eyes looked swollen and red.

“Are you a family member?” The woman questions while searching through the files neatly lined up on her desk.

“I’m his wife.” Mia answers immediately and almost just as quickly begins following the woman’s directions to a room down the hall on the right. She steps through the door and the tears begin falling on cue. She steps forward after the last nurse exits the room and takes hold of his hand. She presses her lips to his after brushing the hair from his forehead and slowly takes a seat in the chair beside his bed. “I know you love me because I’m strong but…” She shakes her head after she hears the crack in her voice, wondering if she will even be able to speak her throat was burning so bad. “I don’t think I can be strong right now.”

“Mrs. Wade?”

Mia turns to the doorway to find a woman in a long white jacket, a clipboard in hand as she steps towards the hospital bed. “How bad is it? He’s going to be fine, right?” She wipes away a few tears and stands up from the chair.

“Mrs. Wade…” The woman drifts off for a moment, contemplating the right words to use as if she didn’t deal with the situations everyday of her life. “Your husband seems to have surprisingly few physical worries despite the severity of his accident.”

“Alright. Well, that’s a good thing.” Mia concludes hopefully and smiles down at Logan.

“Your husband may not show many physical worries but…Mrs. Wade, your husband is comatose.”

~~~

~ PRESENT TIME ~

“Mia!” Scarlett exclaims as she turns the corner of the hospital, noticing her best friend pacing outside Logan’s room. She rushes forward and immediately wraps her arms around Mia. “How is he?” She asks after pulling away.