chapter 4

"Shhhh! You're going to wake her up!" Taehyung whisper-shouted as I chuckled at his oh so cautious attempt to carry Aeri's small figure on his arms.

I fought the urge to giggle more by pursing my lips together, and I adjusted sleeping Aeri so Taehyung could carry her.

The look on his face gave it away that he felt like she was going to break, and he seemed to be terrified at the thought.

How cute.

"She's not going to wake up. She's a heavy sleeper at this time of the day."

Taehyung's attempt had been satisfied and Aeri was now in his embrace, still sleeping. After so, he started to ignore everything around him and focused on Aeri, staring at the child as he rocked his arms a bit.

Aeri's lips popped into a smile, one showing the slightest of her gums while still in slumber. She repeated it for a few times and Taehyung snapped his head to me with a did-you-see-that? kind of look, then dropped his gaze again at Aeri.

He looks like a proud father, what is this?

Well, okay... I guess it was time to start unpacking.

"I think you're better with Aeri here. We'll unpack."

He sat on the couch steadily and played with Aeri's cheek, poking his finger lightly on it.

"Just leave the heavy ones to me." I heard him say as I walked away, Somi-ajumma trailing behind me.

Two hours had passed since we had gotten to Taehyung's apartment. Despite that, it still hadn't fully sunk in that Aeri and I would be living here for who knew 'til when.

"I still feel uneasy to leave you and Aeri alone here on weekdays." I gave Somi a knowing look and started to rip off the brown tape securing the boxes that contained our things from my old apartment.

I didn't bring everything with me though. It wasn't like this arrangement was for forever, and some time in the future, Aeri and I would go back to our old home.

"We'll be fine, don't worry about us," assured Somi as she helped me unload the boxes.

Taehyung's apartment was twice the size of mine. And my apartment wasn't even small, maybe jut average. The thought suddenly made me question since when had Taehyung been back. Didn't he feel lonely living alone here?

More so, I worried about the size of the new room Aeri and I would stay in. It was bigger than the one back in my apartment, obviously. Even the bed. Well... I don't know. The unnecessary space just made me feel somehow... alone.

But then, Aeri is with me so I'll be fine. I'll always be fine as long as she's with me, right?

"So he's the guy you've been telling me before, I see?" Somi smiled at me meaningfully while carrying Aeri's bolster pillows.

Pushing the door open, I replied nonchalantly, "Yeah, that one."

"I can sense he's going to be a good father."

I glanced at her and hummed, giving it a thought. "Well, as long as Aeri is with me and she's surrounded with love, then everything's fine."