Chapter 1

Jay^^

Jay's POV

"Jamison! Get your ass out of bed, NOW!" My father screamed while he pounded on my door. I groaned and glared at my door as I slowly dragged myself out of my bed. Why did I have to go to school? I'm going to be taking over as Alpha soon, I don't need to go to school in order to do that. But no, my mother is insisting both me and my Beta finish school. Along with my gamma Miles.

"You have thirty minutes before you need to leave." My father shouted before I heard his footsteps walking away. Since I took a shower last night I really don't need to take one this morning. It's also a half-day which is a plus, I guess. I quickly changed into some joggers, a t-shirt, and tennis shoes. When I looked in the mirror I smiled at the body I had. No, I wasn't some self-absorbed guy who showed their body off to everyone, it took me a long time to get my body and I'm proud of it.

I quickly did my bathroom business before grabbing my phone, earbuds, keys, wallet, and backpack while jogging out of my room. I went over to my Beta, and best friend, Carson's room knowing he wasn't up yet. I walked into his room and jumped in his bed as he made room for me. This was our everyday routine: I wake up, get dressed, come into his room, we lay in his bed for a while, I drag him out of his bed, he gets dressed, and I pull him downstairs. It might seem weird to others, but we've been friends all our lives and it's just kinda become our normal.

"Hmmm, I don't wanna go to school." He mumbled as he lifted his covers up a bit for me to climb under. I made sure to take my shoes off too because Carson was way against shoes on his bed. Once we were both under the covers he turned away from the wall to face me.  His eyes were still shut as he buried his head in the pillow.

"Well, we have school so you kinda do have to get up." I laughed at him making him whine and curl up in his blankets more. I wiggled down into his bed a bit more as I felt my eyes getting heavy. I'm not kidding, his bed is like a fucking sleep hypnoses magic bed.

"Five more minutes won't kill either of us," Carson whispered as I let my eyes close. That was the last thing I heard before I let the sleep pull me in.

~~~

"Look, I think that if Jay, Carson, Miles, and their group doesn't want to go to school every day it's fine. Maybe them doing their required courses online would be best. This year is practically a blow-off year for most of them anyway. They're going to be taking over the pack anyways, it's probably best." I heard my father say waking me up. I was about to jump out of bed but I heard a groan get muffled by my chest. I opened my eyes slowly wincing from the bright lights coming from the window. Looking down I saw Carson had his face on my chest, laying sideways, as he glared daggers at our parents who were in the room.

"I was sleeping, and you four just come in here and wake me up? Ugh, you four suck. And Jay," he paused to move away from my chest and look up at me. "Your phone has been going off for the past hour. It was that slut of a girlfriend you have. I shut your phone off." I rolled my eyes at the lovely name he had for Jennifer, my girlfriend. He pulled his blankets off of me and pulled them tightly around himself as he sat up against his headboard.

"See that's where you and I agree with Carson. That girlfriend is such a player she should get her own jersey from every sports team at your school. You better hope she's not your mate, she's not Luna material." My father stated, disgust lacing every word he said about her. Okay, so I know she's not the most, loyal person but that is because I'm refusing to sleep with her or do anything like that. I'm waiting for my mate.

"She's not. Trust me, I can promise all of you. She's. Not. My. Mate." I told the five.

"Yes! Great, so she's on her way up here, by the way, so you can break up with her. Finally, god I hate her and she hates me." Carson told us with a smile. I rolled my eyes once again and looked over at our parents who were just watching him differently. My parents were smiling at him and his parents were looking at him like he was from a different planet.

"Your parents thi-" I was cut off by my name being called, or should I say yelled, throughout the packhouse. I quickly jumped out of Carson's bed making him groan, at the sudden movements, and ran out the door. I didn't need my girlfriend, soon to be ex-girlfriend, yelling my name for everyone to hear.

"Jennifer! Quiet." I whispered to her when I saw her. Her head snapped so quickly over to me I thought it would give her whiplash. She squealed and came over to me placing a sloppy kiss on my lips that both my wolf and I cringed from.

"Where were you today? I waited for you at school and you never showed." She whined crossing her arms in a, very bad, pout.

"Yeah, I don't think I'm going to school anymore. Since I'm taking over as alpha it's just better." I told her as I stuffed my hands in my pockets.

"Oh, well since I'll be Luna I think I should stop going to school too." She told me like it was the best idea in the world. I looked at her like she was crazy.

"Look, Jen I uh, well we're through. You're not my mate and I honestly have no feelings for you anymore." I fumbled out. I wasn't the best at breaking up with people apparently.

"W-what?" She stuttered. I repeated myself, telling her that I'm breaking up with her. All of a sudden I felt a stinging sensation on my cheek. She slapped me.

"How dare you?! I am so much better than your mate will ever be!" She screamed in my face before turning and running away. I stood there shocked. She slapped me. Shaking my head I turned around and walked back upstairs to Carson's room. I heard both of our parents and Carson talking about school. When I walked in Carson was laying on his bed with his blankets pulled all around him, just showing his eyes.

"Nice handprint. Guessing she didn't take the break up too well?" My Betas snobby ass voice asked as I crawled into his bed. I growled at him making him smirk and cuddle against me. This was, again, another one of our normal things.

"Well, now that that's over we needed to talk to you two. You both will be taking over as alpha and beta within the coming weeks, and Miles as gamma. We were all wondering if you and your group of friends, that have important parts in this pack, wanted to stop going to school. You would be required to do your few classes still needed to graduate, but that's about all." My father said to Carson and me.

"Really?!? Oh gosh yes! Of course! I mean me not having to wake up at the ass crack of dawn every day. I'm in." Carson all but squealed as he jumped out of his bed and into his parent's arms. They both caught him as he had an arm wrapped around each of their necks as he repeatedly told them to thank you. His mother pushed him off of her and her mate before telling him you're welcome and leaving. My parents walked out of the room after them.

My beta turned back towards me with a smile plastered on his face. He jumped back into his bed and pulled his comforter around him leaving me with his fuzzy blanket; not that I'm complaining.

"Are you excited to find out who your mate is?" Carson asked after a couple of minutes of silence. We were facing each other, both of us lost in our own thoughts.

"Well duh, idiot. I'm really looking forward to meeting my other half, nervous though too." I told him honestly. I heard a little hum come from him as he turned on his back and readjusted his shirt.

"Aren't you?" I asked him quietly. I've talked about meeting my mate a lot, ever since I was a little kid it's been something I looked foreword to. Carson though, he's never really mentioned it.

"Well, yeah...I guess." He mumbled quietly. I wanted to ask him more about it but I got the message that he didn't want to talk about it.

"I'm tired. You can stay here, but I'm sleeping." Carson's voice groggily said as he turned on his side facing away from me.

"So give me my fuzzy blanket."

"And what will I use to sleep with? Huh?" I asked as he took his blanket from me.

"I don't care. Figure that out yourself." He sassed as he curled up with his two blankets wrapped around him. I shrugged and pulled him towards me as I shuffled under the blankets.

"Figured out. Mon Ami."

Ami=friend in French
Comment
Vote
Add
Share