0.49

Rowen sat next to Harry in the library while Hermione was putting books away. The cousins were both listening to what was probably the millionth time Hermione brought up Ron and Lavender.

"He's at perfect liberty to kiss whomever he likes. I really couldn't care less. Was I under the impression that he and I would be attending Slughorn's Christmas party together? Yes. Of course, now, given the circumstances, I've had to make other arrangements."

"Have you?" Harry asked.

"Yes. Why?"

"I just thought, you know, since neither one of us can take who we'd really like...the three of us could go together. As friends."

"I was just gonna go stag. I mean everyone knows who I'm dating and they're not in school. So it wouldn't be embarrassing." Rowen said pushing her hair to one shoulder while Hermione stopped what she was doing?"

"Why didn't I think of that?"

"So who are you taking?" Harry questioned.

"Um...it's a surprise. Besides it's you we need to worry about. And you can't pick just anyone. See that girl over there?" Harry turned around and caught the eyes of another student who was looking at him fondly, "that's Romilda Vane. Rumor has it she's trying to slip you a love potion."

"Really...?" Harry asked. Rowen snapped her fingers in front of Harry's face.

"Hey! She's only interested in you because she thinks that you're the Chosen One. You know that, right?" Hermione asked.

"But I am the Chosen One."

"Not a good enough reason to like someone. They should like you for you." Rowen pointed out.

"Okay. Kidding. I'll just ask someone I like. Someone cool."

When Harry walked into the Christmas party with Luna, Rowen smiled at her cousins choice. She watched the other people who Slughorn had collected over the years. She was startled when she felt a light hand on her shoulder.

"Sorry, Row. Would you like a drink?" she turned and smiled.

"Why are you serving drinks, Neville?" she asked taking one.

"I didn't make the cut for the Slug Club. But it's okay. He's got Belby handing out towels in the loo. No date tonight?"

"No, I didn't really know who to invite as friends, you see. So I am here stag." he smiled at her before moving onto other people. The party was going beautifully, Rowen was talking to people she never dreamed of meeting and was getting a lot of great advice on what she should do with her future. They were all interested in the only child of Dahlia and Sirius Black. She turned her head at the commotion to see what was going on.

"Take your hands off me, you filthy squib!" Draco Malfoy was now in the party and Flich was holding onto him. A frown was present on Professor Slughorn's face.

"Professor Slughorn, sir! I've just discovered this boy lurking in an upstairs corridor. He claims to have been invited to your party."

"Okay, okay, I was gate-crashing. Happy?" Draco said.

"I'll escort him out." Professor Snape said stepping forward.

"Certainly...Professor."

Harry slipped out of the party after they had left and Rowen didn't see him for the rest of the night. She was confused on what he was doing, but figured he'd tell her tomorrow when they were on their way home to the borrow for Christmas.

--

Rowen sat on the same side of the compartment as Harry, Ron lied on his back across from them. Hermione was in another compartment because she was still angry with Ron. But Rowen needed to know if Harry heard anything from following Snape and Draco and he did.

"Unbreakable Vow. You're sure that's what Snape said."

"Positive. Why?"

"It's just, well, you can't break an Unbreakable Vow."

"I'd worked that much out for myself, funnily enough."

"You're not getting it. If you break an Unbreakable Vow- what the bloody hell is she doing?" Ron sat up and Lavender was standing outside of the compartment door. She fogged up the glass with her breath and wrote on the glass and R+L. Then mouthed I miss you before moving on.

"Lovely."

"All she wants to do is song me. My lips are getting chapped. Look." Ron sat up and showed his lips to both Harry and Rowen. The girl pushed him back into his seat.

"I'll take your word for it." Harry said, Hermione passed by the compartment briefly looking at what Lavender had wrote on the glass before continuing on, "Rowen, continue. What happens if you break an Unbreakable Vow?"

"You die." Rowen said looking over at Harry.

Rowen's Slugclub Christmas Party dress