Chapter 1

Rin's P.O.V.

     I sat there staring down at the lights below me. The sounds of students talking and laughing filled my ears. I used to be able to do that. Talk and laugh with my friends. But not anymore... No.... I'll never be able to do that again. I'd have to have friends, and let's be honest. Who's going to want to be friends with a demon like me? I sighed as their words echoed in my ears.

Demon

Monster

You should just go die

Did you really think we'd want to be friends with the son of Satan?

Do us all a favor and kill yourself already!

The last two probably hurt me the most cause to be honest, I did think they'd still want to be friends with me after they found out. I had thought that maybe after all the time we've spent together, all the times I've risked my life to save them, just maybe... They would still like me. But I was wrong.

The moment they found out that I was related to Satan they turned their backs on me. I suppose I still have Yukio but he's always had his doubts about me. I mean, he's always pointing his guns at me and saying that if I make one mistake he'll kill me. But if someone else threatens to kill me, he get all protective and says they'll have to get past him. I really don't know what to think....

Sometimes.... I wish I had just died that day. Maybe if I had just let Satan kill me, he would have stopped possessing dad before it was too late. Then dad would still be alive, and I wouldn't be a threat anymore.

I looked down at my watch. Oh shit, I'm late. I sighed, oh well, me being late is nothing new. I stood up and started down the stairs back into the abandon dorm.

'Rin...Are you okay? You've seemed kind of sad lately,' Kuro said tilting his head.

I put on the most convincing smile I could, "I'm fine, i just wanted some fresh air and thought the roof would be a good place to relax."

Kuro looked at me a minute longer before nodding and walking away, seemingly satisfied with my answer.

I let out a sigh of relief before turning to the door. Oh right, I'm supposed to be heading to class. I pulled out my keys and ran to the door.

LINEBREAKLINEBREAKLINEBREAK

I stopped outside the classroom door my hands shaking. Time to start acting like my oblivious, happy self. I take a deep breath and put on a fake smile before throwing open the door.

"Sorry I'm late everyone, I slept right through my alarm! Hehe!" It's a complete lie but they don't know that.  See, I haven't been able to sleep well recently, anytime I fall asleep I start to have nightmares and wake up screaming. The first couple times it happened, Yukio was on a mission so luckily he wasn't there to hear it. After he got back I decided that I should just stay awake so that I wouldn't wake him up in the middle of the night. I don't need to be an even bigger burden than I already am.

I look around the classroom and see the other exwires glaring at me with looks of hate and disgust. I wish this was the type of thing I can get used to but I don't think there's a way to get used to seeing your friends glare at you and tell you to go die. I lower my head slightly but continue to smile my fake smile as I head toward my desk.