Divination

After the train ride, Daphne, Blaise and I rode the carriage and upon arrival, we sat by the Slytherin table and waited for the other students to come in. Then, the choir does an opening song together with toads. After their performance, Professor Dumbledore said, "Welcome! Welcome to another year at Hogwarts! I have a few things to say, before we become befuddled by our excellent feast. I myself am particularly looking forward to the flaming kiwi cups, which, while somewhat treacherous for those of us with facial hair..."

Professor McGonagall clears her throat and Professor Dumbledore changed the subject, "Mm. Yes. First, I'm pleased to welcome Professor R.J. Lupin, who has kindly consented to fill the post of Defense Against the Dark Arts. Good luck to you, Professor." 

Dad stood up and shyly bowed. Some people applauded, while the others just looked at me but I just ignored them. 

"As some of you may know, Professor Kettleburn, our Care of Magical Creatures teacher for many years, has decided to retire in order to spend more time with his remaining limbs. Fortunately, I'm delighted to announce that his place will be filled by none other than our own Rubeus Hagrid!" Professor Dumbledore continued and Hagrid stood up.

I met Hagrid in my second-year when I was the one who helped him gather the snails for the Mandrake to make the medicine for the petrified people. Anyway, moving on. Professor Dumbledore's face became grave. 

"Finally, on a more disquieting note, Hogwarts -- at the request of the Ministry of Magic -- will, until further notice, play host to the Dementors of Azkaban." He said. 

Then I saw Malfoy dramatically feigns a dead faint. I guess he heard Harry fainting but he doesn't have to tease him about it! What if he's the on who fainted and Harry teased him about it, how would he feel? Geez!

"The Dementors will be stationed at the entrances to the grounds. While they are under strict orders not to enter the castle itself, you will on occasion see them as you go about your daily activities. Under no circumstances are you to approach them. It is not in the nature of a Dementor to be forgiving." He ended.

The rest of the feast was quiet and only a few talked. After the feast, Professor Dumbledore bid us a good night and told us to go back to the common room. Instead of going there, I went to Dad's room instead and bid him a good night then went back to the common room. I went to my room and changed into my pajamas. I remove my gloves, locked the door, went to bed and drifted off to sleep.

The Next Day...

We don't have school today yet so I just hung out with Daphne and Blaise in the common room. We were playing wizard's chess. Me vs. Blaise.

"Your turn, Ace." I said.

"It's obvious you're gonna win." He said.

"Even though I've won a thousand times doesn't mean you can't." I smirked.

He groaned and moved his queen. Ha! Big mistake.

"Ace, that was a really big mistake. You do realise my rook is just across from your king, right? And moving your queen, which was right in front of the king, would make me the winner." I explained.

His jaw dropped and I slowly moved my rook forward and it basically smashed the king. How awesome is wizard's chess?

"AND ANOTHER VICTORIOUS WIN BY LOUISA LUPIN!" I shouted.

Blaise was sulking in the corner so I came over to him.

"Hey, how about I make it up to you?" I asked him.

"How?" He asked.

"Well, in a few days we'll be going to Hogsmeade and I've heard from a few 4th years that the Three Broomsticks makes a delicious butterbear. How about that?"