Boggart

The next day, our first period was Dad's class. Sadly, some people aka Malfoy and gang will tease me about my father being here. I think, though. I just have a weird feeling that they will. Anyway, I put on my uniform, ate breakfast and went to DADA with Daphne and Blaise. There were already a few students here so we just stood by the corner. As soon as we're complete, Dad brought out a cabinet and started the class. 

The door rattled and dad said, "Intriguing, isn't it? Would anyone like to venture a guess...as to what is inside?"

"That's a boggart, that is." Thomas said.

"Very good, Mr. Thomas." He praised. "Now, can anybody tell me what a boggart looks like?"

I was about to answer when Hermione beat me to it, "No one knows. Boggarts are shape-shifters. They take the shape of whatever a person fears the most. That's what makes them so-"

"So terrifying, yes, yes, yes..." Dad said, cutting her off.

Hold on! When did she get here? I didn't even see her enter! Weird...

"Luckily, a very simple charm exists to repel a boggart. Let's practice it now. Without wands, please. After me. Riddikulus!" Dad said.

"Riddikulus." We all repeated.

"Very good!" Dad praised.

"A little louder and very clear. Listen: Riddikulus." Dad said.

"Riddikulus!" We repeated again.

"This class is ridiculous." Malfoy muttered.

"Shut it!" I hissed.

"Very good. So much for the easy part. You see, the incantation alone is not enough. What really finishes a boggart is laughter. You need to force it to assume a shape you find truly amusing." Dad said. "Let me explain. Neville, would you join me, please? Come on, don't be shy. Come on. Come on. "

Neville slowly walked up to him and Dad asked, "Hello. Neville, what frightens you most of all?"

"Profter...S-snafpt." 

"Sorry?"

"Professor Snape." Longbottom loudly said.

"Professor Snape. Yes, frightens all. And I believe you live with your grandmother?"  Dad asked.

"Yes but I don't want it to turn into her, either." 

"No...it won't. I want you to picture her clothes, only her clothes, very clearly in your mind." Dad instructed him.

"She carries a red handbag-"

"We don't need to hear. As long as you see it, we'll see it. Now, when I open that wardrobe, here's what I want you to do. Excuse me." Dad then whispered something in his ear. "Can you do that"

"Yes." Longbottom muttered.

"Wand at the ready. One, two, three." 

Dad opened the Wardrobe and boggart Snape came out. He slowly walked towards Neville and Dad said, "Think, Neville, think."

"Riddikulus!"

As soon as he said that, boggart Snape's clothes turned from black cloak to red skirt. Haha! Others laughed and laughed.

"Wonderful, Neville, wonderful! Incredible! Okay, to the back, Neville. Everyone, form a line...Form a line! I want everyone to picture the thing they fear the very most and turn it into something funny. Next! Ron! Concentrate. Face your fear. Be brave! Wand at the ready, Ron." Dad instructed.

Boggart Snape turned into a giant spider and Ron looked really scared.

"Riddikulus!" 

Then the spider had roller skates on and had trouble...crawling? Walking? Anyway, Pavarti was next. The spider turned into a giant snake. 

"Riddikulus!" She shouted.

The snake turned into a really creepy jack-in-the-box. I don't know how that's even classified as funny. Then it was my turn. I have many fears but I don't know which fear is gonna show. The boggart kept changing and it's taking so long. Finally, it stopped but my boggart wasn't really what I expected to be.