0.51

When Ron was finally able to leave the hospital wing it was somewhat back to normal for the four of them. Rowen was eating breakfast and read over Harry's shoulder as he read the Half-Blood Prince's book. He kept reading the spell in it over and over again. She looked up when she felt something wet hit her nose.

"Ron. Stop. You're making it snow." Hermione complained.

"Huh?" Ron looked up and saw the snow over the four of them. Hermione placed her hand atop his wand and he just blinked at her, "tell me again how I broke up with Lavender?" Harry paused and looked up and then at Hermione.

"Um, well, she came to visit you in the hospital, you see, and you talked--I don't believe it was a long conversation."

"Don't get me wrong. I'm bloody thrilled to be shot of her. It's just she seems...a bit put out." the four all look at Lavender and she bent her spoon and glared at them.

"Does, doesn't she? And you say you don't remember a thing from that night? Not one thing?"

"Well...there is...something." Rowen saw that Hermione was hopeful with his response, "but no. It can't be. Besides, I was completely boggled, wasn't I?"

"Right. Boggled..." Hermione said slumping down and frowned. A commotion near the door caused them all to look towards the entrance of the Great Hall.

"Harry, it's Katie. Katie Bell." she was smiling weakly and walked further into the hall to sit down with her friends. Harry stood up in front of her.

"How are you, Katie?" 

"Give me a moment, girls." the girls leave and went to sit down.

"I know you're going to ask, Harry. But I don't know who cursed me. I've tried to remember. Honestly. But I just...can't..." Katie's eyes shift and looked at Malfoy who was staring at her.

"We're glad you're okay, Katie. It's great to have you back." Rowen said standing and trying to grasp onto Harry to get him to sit back down. But he was now dragging Rowen with him as he pursued Draco. He went into the boys bathroom and was looking at himself in the mirror. Rowen wanted to stay outside but Harry refused to let go of her. Draco's eyes shift at them both being there. He points his wand at them both and it hit the lamp next to Harry's head causing it to shatter. Harry and Rowen both pulled their wands out and fired back. The two males were dueling and Rowen was standing there in horror, not knowing at all what to do. 

"Cruci---" Draco started but he didn't get it out completely.

"SECTUMSEMPRA!" Harry called out and Rowen watched Draco drop and blood came from Draco's face and he had slashes through his white shirt. Rowen ran over and dropped down and Harry came over too looking down in horror.

"Don't either of you touch me! Don't you dare, Black!" but it was too late she was holding her wand over his wounds and murmuring an incantation that was healing his wounds. She had tears running down her eyes and looked up when she saw the black robes next to her causing her to look up at Professor Snape. The blood on the floor and mixed with the water was floating and Rowen was crying harder. When she was finished she looked down to see Draco completely healed.

"What happened, Black?" Snape asked.

"I don't even know. It all happened so fast. They just started dueling. I had to save him. Harry would be destroyed if he killed someone. He didn't know what the spell did, if he did he wouldn't have used it. Please, don't say anything." the red head went to stand but was stopped when Draco grabbed her hand.

"T-thank you." Rowen was surprised. She nodded and ran out of the bathroom and to the common room to check on Harry. She was sitting on the couch alone while Ron, Hermione, and Ginny sat away from him slightly. She stood next to Hermione and looked at Harry who was holding the potion book in his hand limply. Ginny stood up and went over to him.

"You have to get rid of it. Today." Harry nodded and stood. He hadn't noticed Rowen was back until just then.

"I got him healed." Harry only gave him a slight smile. Once him and Ginny were gone she went to her dorm to change out of her wet clothes.

--

When Harry came back to the common room he was with Ron and it was dark. He had created a plan to use the vial of Felix Felicis to get what he needed from Slughorn. It glimmered in his palm before he drank it.

"Well? How do you feel?" Hermione asked.

"Excellent. Really excellent."

"Good. Remember, Slughorn usually eats early, takes a short walk and then returns to his office." Rowen told him.

"Right. I'm going down to Hagrid's."

"What? No, Harry--you've go to go see Slughorn. We have a plan--" Hermione tried to talk him out of it.

"No. I've got a good feeling about going to Hagrid's. I feel like it's the place to be tonight, know what I mean?"

"No." the three others said at the same time looking at him.

"Trust me. I know what I'm doing. Or at least Felix does. Have fun at Prefects watch." once Harry left Rowen was left alone and she used the free time to study for her finals that were quickly approaching.