Chapter 11

Jack makes his way to the bathroom, stopping at the door, reaching out to grab the handle, turning it and pushing the door open. He steps inside, shutting the door with his foot. He turns to the bath, sitting me down on the edge of it. I sit there, holding onto my elbow for support to try and stop the pain, while watching Jack retrieve the first aid kit from under the sink, rummaging through it, taking out a triangle bandage sling. He holds it up in front of him and makes his way towards me, bringing it closer. Scared, I flinch and shy away, turning my body and my head to the side, slamming my eyes shut. I hear a small breath from Jack, but nothing happened. I slowly open my eyes, looking at him as he lowers the sling to a less menacing way, so I would not be scared. He lowers the sling, holding it on one hand. His other, reached out, palm open, waiting for me to give him my arm so he could put the sling on. I turn my head to face him, my body still facing away from him. His hand reaching out twitches, causing me to flinch. Another breath seeps from behind the mask as he lowers his hand calmly. I slowly turn my body, stretching out my bad arm for him. I wince as pain flows through the arm during my movement. He carefully takes hold of my arm, laying it in the sling, bringing the two ends behind my neck to tie in a knot. My body shivers and trembles as I remember the last time he was this close to my face. Last time he told me how he wasn't 'human'.
He pulls away, still kneeling in front of me. My eyes blink as my body try's to calm down.
"What's the matter with you? Why so shaky?" He asks, tilting his head to the side. There was a few seconds of silence before I finally spoke up.
"I... I'm s-" I didn't get a chance to finish as he interrupted me.
"You're scared of me?" He states. My head leans back a little. My eyes widening slightly. Only to blink and return back to normal.
"H-how could I not be? Last time I was alone with you, you told me you w-weren't human!" My body shakes and shivers at my own words. I was so scared to be alone with Jack again.
"I-if you're not h-human.. then how come you haven't k-killed me yet.." I really didn't want to ask that as it might trigger him to snap. But I needed to know the answer.
"Like you heard me tell Jeff. We're on strict rules not to kill you." He growls. His voice sounded annoyed and slightly angry.
"S-so.. if there was no rule forbidding you to kill me.. would you?" Jack doesn't answer my question straight away, leaving me to stare into the black abyss that covered his eyes. I couldn't see his eyes through his mask, it was just darkness. I always thought the black liquid by the eye sockets was just paint. But every now and then I saw more droplets dribble down the mask. It wasn't paint, but I don't know what it was.
"Well? Would you kill me if there was no rule stopping you?" I tilt my head slightly, raising my voice to try and get an answer from him. Jack stands to his feet. Looking down at me.
"Yes." He replied bluntly. My eyes shot open, my eyelids slamming into my head. My eyes filled with water. To think that the guy helping me with my wounds and injuries. The guy that I thought I would feel comfortable to talk to, would kill me if he could.
"T-then why help me?! If you would just kill me when you got the chance, then why help with my wounds and my arm?!" I hiss. Standing up in front of him. I tried to stand my ground but Jack was a lot taller than me, my forehead came to his chest, so even when I try to look big, I was still really small.
"Human or not. Any wound needs to be treated. Nobody likes an infected cut or possibly a broken arm." He speaks while closing the first aid kit and placing it under the sink.
"But why help me with it? You could have just given me the supplies and let me do it myself?" I ask. It was true though, why help if he wanted to kill me. He could have let me get infected and maybe die or he could have just let me do it myself.
"Do you think I would trust you to take care of yourself? I wouldn't even trust you to keep a penny safe, let alone cleaning your wounds." He chuckles making his way to the door. Well that's rude! I thought to myself, a frown forming in my face.
"I suggest you take a shower after dinner. Your old wounds could use a soak and the hot water may help the pain of your arm." He says, stopping at the door as he opens it.
"Oh and if I were you, I would make sure the door is locked and you might want to hang something on the handle to cover the lock hole. Some proxies are pervs. Wouldn't want them spying on you while you shower." He says. I nod my head to show I understand. But why does he care? I thought he wanted to kill me? Why would he care if I was being spied on by a pervert. But I glad he told me! I'll have to watch my back..
He turns to leave but my voice quickly calls after him.
"Hey jack!" He stops, turning his wad to face me. I soon realise I called from his and I take a step back, becoming nervous.
"Um.. thanks.. you know, for helping me with my arm and telling me about the, uh.. perverts.. " I say, my body shying, shrinking down in nervousness and slightl awkwardness. Jack just shrugs walking out the bathroom, shutting the door behind him.
I sigh and walk over to the mirror above the skink. Looking at my bandage sling. I'm such an idiot.. I shouldn't be here..I don't belong here... I don't even know what these 'proxies' do? I would ask Jack.. but I'm scared of what he may do.. Maybe I should ask BEN.. I sigh once more. I'll ask after dinner. Before I take a shower.. I nod to my reflection and make my way back to Jacks bedroom. I knock on the door in case he wasn't decent. There was no reply. I slowly open the door, peaking my head in. He wasn't in there. I open it fully and step in, closing it behind me. I walk over to my bed and sit down. There was so much on my mind that I needed to think about.