Chapter 10

While the days kept passing, the funfair came and left, taking Autumn's half-term with it.

I didn't do much during the half-term, I met the girls, mostly Becca and Nina. We went shopping or more like they did the shopping and I just stared. And right on the last day, something weird happened.

Well, not weird, but unusual.

A girl, some random girl... airdropped Lottie and Cassie a little note. It said something like, to the girl with the orange top. You're really cute, text me sometime. And below her number. It was funny because I was the girl with the orange top. And the girls wouldn't stop teasing me about it.

Cassie imminently put the girl's phone on her contacts just to add her on WhatsApp and see if she had a profile picture. Which she did. And it turned out, it was the girl working at H&M, the one that was at the changing room. The one that laughed when the girls dragged me there only to have me hold all the dresses and pieces of clothing they liked, while they tried it all on.

Came Monday morning, classes were back on and all through English Lit. Becca kept trying to get me to text the girl and then my second lesson came and when it ended, I came out to find Becca, waiting for me only to drag me to the cafeteria and to keep trying to get me to text the girl.

"All I'm saying is you should definitely text her," Becca wiggled her eyebrows at me. I giggled, hiding away so she wouldn't see me blush. "She's pretty cute, don't you think?"

Very. I wanted to say but before I had the time to, Danny sat next to me and asked, "Who's pretty cute?"

"Daniel," Becca greeted, Danny hummed back, not very interested in Becca.

"Who's cute?"

"Aside from you, you mean?" Maggie, who was walking by, leaned down and winked at Danny.

"Okay..." I frowned, I saw Becca rolling her eyes. Danny smirked at Maggie and watched as she and her friends walked away from us, back to their own table. "Daniel, stop staring at her ass."

"I'm not," He denied but his smirk gave him away.

"What's your deal, anyways?" Becca was squinting her eyes as if she was trying really hard to figure Danny out.

"What you mean?"

"With Maggie?" Becca elaborated, making Danny frown. "What's your deal with Maggie?"

"I don't have a deal with Maggie?" He chuckled, a bit uncomfortable. "She's the one that flirts with me openly, I'm not— who's cute?"

"I am." I could hear Maddison's smirk in the way she spoke. Becca rolled her eyes harder this time, as she grabbed her things.

"Let me know if you text her, I hope you do but if you don't that's cool too," She said before she stood up and walked away, completely put off because of Maddison.

"People avoid you like you've got the plague." Danny laughed, opening a bag of crisp.

"She'll get over it," Maddison shrugged and turned to me, "Who are you going to text?"

"Uh—" For a moment, I didn't know what to say, confused and slightly irritated.

Maddison had been ignoring me since the last time we saw each other. Which was a little over a week. Last time I saw her was before the funfair and after that, it was half-term, so no classes... I kept texting her, wondering what I did or didn't do for her to just suddenly decide she was tired of me and didn't want to be friends after it was she who asked.

It was a big mind-fuck. And it was fucking irritating that she'd just show up out of nowhere, acting like she didn't do anything.

And yeah, to a point, she didn't do anything. That was the point.