Chapter 1

*I'm not dead everyone!!! I've just been busy with school lately....but I'm here now!! Let me know what you think of the first chapter.😊😊*

"What's the meaning of life Avery?" I question out in the open, getting my friend's attention. She gives me a questioning look before taking another bite of her PB & J sandwich. When she finally swallows, she speaks.

"What do you mean Jaz?" She questions me. I roll my eyes at her.

"I mean, what's the point of doing anything anymore?" I question her seriously. I look at her dead in the eyes while she widens hers. Us both just have a stare down before a realization look pops up on her face and she starts.....laughing?

"You didn't study for the math test....didn't you?" Avery says, still laughing at my now disappointed look. I narrow my eyes at her and huff out a sigh.

"No...." I look down to the ground, scratching the back of my neck. Of course I didn't study for the math test. Math is the bitch from hell I don't mess with. It is the darkness to my light. It is the yellow to my snow. It is the pain in the ass I get headaches from. Its the monster that makes me do homework at night- ugh, I'm thinking too much about it.

I lift my head back up to Avery, who was giving me a knowing look I see all the time.

"Jaz..... I've known you all my life, and I still will never fully understand you.." She says in a laugh. I give her an innocent smile and answer her.

"Shit....I don't understand myself at times" Avery laughs at me, and we just both start laughing.

Avery is very pretty, besides me. She has shoulder length brunette hair, while I have long curly black hair. She has blueish greenish eyes, while I have normal brown eyes. She has nice golden tan skin, while I have beautiful chocolate skin. Her and I are both a good height at 5"6. She has long, tan, and skinny legs, while my are.....what's the word.....thick. She has an athletic body that gets guys whistling at her, while I'm just.....not that. Sometimes I can be very envious of her looks. How she gets guys looking. How she can rock every single freakin outfit in the book. But, I swallow my pride, and be thankful for the body I got....somewhat.

The bell rings, letting us know that lunch has ended. That's what brings me to my thoughts....the math test!!! My eyes widen while I look at a confused Avery.

"The fucking math test!!" I scream out, grabbing my bag to hurry to class. As I run, I dodge teachers, students, janitors, garbage cans-

My thoughts were cut off when I ran into a trashcan. "Fuck that hurt!" I rub my side and continue to run, not before glaring at the trashcan that was in my way.

"Stupid trash can...." I mutter to myself, running for the life of me to math class. I turn the corner to see the classroom in view. Almost there...

RING!!

My eyes widen in horror, making me run faster to class. I CAN NOT be late to math. Mr. Smith is too strict. If you're not on time for class, he won't let you in the classroom. I make it to the door as he was about to close it. I push it open, making him stumble back a little. This got the class's attention.

"I'm here!" I announce to Mr.Smith...and I guess to the rest of the class too. I was breathing heavily. I felt sweat starting to form on the top of my forehead. I felt like I ran a whole marathon..... This is an example of me of not being physically fit.

Mr. Smith givese a pissed off look. I done did it again....

You see, this is not the first time I've been late like this. This has happened several of times, but he has always given me grace...maybe too much, but I appreciate them...but I guess I won't get one this time.

He looks so mad, I wanted to laugh at him. He looked like he had a tomato for a head. He walks to his desk and puts the papers, I'm guessing were the test, on them. He then turns to me and starts speaking.

"Jasmine, I have given you chances apon chances, but not this time. You get an automatic zero for your test for being late." My face turns into a look of horror. I can't have a zero for a math test!!! I'm already failing this class, I can't make it worse!!!! Before I can say anything, a voice speaks up.

"Stop being such a dick and give her the test." I turn to the source of the noise and almost gasp at the sight I'm seeing. What was he doing here? I didn't even know he had this class. I gape like a fish at him and everyone else, who seem to be doing the same thing.

Mr. Smith clears his throat and let's out an irritated sigh, giving me the 'second chance' look. "Don't let it happen again Jasmine." I give him a sheepish smile and go sit at an empty seat. As I turn around in my seat to graby backpack, I notice him starring at me, my eyes widen and I quickly turn back around in shock, noticing him smirking at me being uncomfortable.

You might be thinking, who the hell is this guy? He is THE Damon James. He's the best on the football team, he has the looks of a god that can make girls drop down to him, but he keeps to himself, so when he talks, its a shock to everyone.

I calm myself down, as Mr. Smith passes out the test. When he puts one down in front of me, my face blanches in horror. When did we do problems like these?!?!

Just chill Jaz. This is just a test. It won't be that bad.

I gave myself a mental pep talk and started working on the test.

But I couldn't help but feel him stare at me the whole time....
//
First chapter done!! *wipes sweat off* I hope you guys liked this one. And remember....it only gets better from here, now that Damon has noticed Jaz.

Word Count: 1094
Until then
~Lei-Bear~