Chapter Thirty

Chapter Thirty

      “Is it true?” Trent demanded the minute I step foot in homeroom.

      “Mr. Johnson! What are you doing in here?” Ms. Hennings, our homeroom teacher questioned him.

      “Talking to Jules,” he answered.

      “No. You can talk to her later; right now, it’s homeroom. Please leave,” she requested, making a pushing motion with her hands. She wasn’t very intimidating, being my height (Meaning short), and was wearing a knee length skirt, nice blouse, and flats. Her rounded glasses shaped her face in a very chic, modern way.

      Through the past few months that I had known her, Ms. Hennings proved to be a pretty cool teacher. She was kooky and creative, and one of those teachers that didn’t follow the guidebook. I had her for Language Arts, and we were always doing cool projects around the literature that we read. We didn’t write your average book reports, we did things like discussions and debates about the novels that we read in the class. It was cool.

      “Fine,” Trent said in defeat, “but Jules, we’re talking during lunch.” He left the room with an angry presence about him. What a fun day this would be!

      Last night, I got barely any sleep, considering I went to bed at about midnight, and couldn’t fall asleep due to excitement towards and overthinking what had happened with Chase. Right before I fell asleep, in that moment between slumber and consciousness, I’m almost positive that I had a smile on my face.

      I had called Adam, asking him to pick me up from Chase’s house, and he was confused, until I told him the reason to why I was there. He understood, and congratulated me, informing me that a lot of crap would be headed my way. Thanks for the heads up, Ad! Like I didn’t already know…

      “Jules!” Chase called, waving to me from the doorway.

      “Chase,” I said, biting my lip to hid the surplus of happiness my face was itching to break out into. He walked over me, and set his stuff down on a desk.

      “Okay, what happened, I saw your posts on Facebook, and wasn’t sure if someone hacked you… both,” Aiden said, coming over to us. I noticed the slight formation of a bruise I hadn’t the day before under his eye, but didn’t mention it.

      “We’re going out,” Chase said confidently.

      “No, don’t say that; say dating,” I said, shaking my head. I hated that term: “Going out”. It begged the question “Where?”. Besides, dating sounded so much more pleasant.

      “Okay, we’re dating,” Chase corrected, poking my side.

      “What happened?” Aiden asked, interest sprinkled across his demeanor.

      “After I left the skate park, I was skipping home, and I got kidnapped by alligators!” I said exaggeratedly.

      “Then, she was only allowed one call, and called me. I saved the day, and as a reward she’s now my girlfriend,” Chase said, building onto my statement.

      “Haha, funny. What really happened?” Aiden asked, not amused in the slightest by our tale.

      “What’s it matter? We’re together now, and everything’s good,” Chase said.

      “Whatever,” Aiden mumbled, dropping it, and accepting our answer.

      “What happened to your eye, bro?” Chase asked, bringing up a topic I hadn’t wanted to touch upon.