Here and Forever

Finally he had her in his arms. He kissed her like there was no tomorrow, all the pain, hurt, confusion, anger and love poured into it.

Kate’s world spun of its axis and she was lost in this wonderful feeling. His firm lips were on her soft ones and it was as if they had so much to tell. Her arms swept upwards and around his neck, pulling on his hair. She wasn’t going to resist this because as soon he had touched her she knew she was home.

Jayson reluctantly pulled back from the kiss and looked into her violet orbs and he knew that this was it. He was where he was supposed to be. He was glad he spent the last few hours with his mother, Rabia, in her office.

FLASHBACK.
Jayson knocked and heard his mom’s soft voice telling him to come in. He pushed open in the door and stood there.

“Jayson?”

“Yes mom, it’s me. Are you free?”

“I am always free for my boy” Rabia said as she got up from the desk where she had a pile of fabrics.
Jay closed the distance between them and hugged his mother.

“Hey, what is wrong?” Rabia asked as Jayson lowered her on the couch and sat next to her.

“I don’t know where to start and I am sorry for not coming around often.” He said as he realized it has been almost two weeks since he last saw his mother.

“It is alright Jay. Your dad told me you had your problems thought I can’t say that I didn’t miss you terribly”
Jayson sighed and lay down with his head in Rabia’s lap like he used to do when he was a little boy.

“That bad huh?” Rabia said as she gently stroked her son’s hair.

“I love her mom” Jayson whispered. He didn’t care as tears rolled down his cheeks. He didn’t care because his heart wrenched at the thought of Kate’s beautiful eyes. He had harbored the pain for so long, trying to be the strong and bold CEO as the world saw him. He never even batted an eyelash when the media had asked him about his relationship with Kate after their breakup. He seemed like a ruthless man without any emotions but he was far from that.

“I know you do. You never stopped loving her” Rabia said as she felt the tears on her son’s cheeks.

“I can’t do anything. Dad told me to fix this and fight for the woman I love but how is that possible? How can I fight for her when she doesn’t want any of my love and to make matters worse, this whole scandal with Maria. I can’t forget the look on her face at the cafe. If there was some hope for us, I completely destroyed it.”

“Jay…you know your dad and I had so much going on when we first met. There was so much confusion and misunderstandings. We kept going in circles, overanalyzing everything. It was painful for both of us.”

“What did you do?” Jayson asked as he sat back up and looked at his mother’s thoughtful face.

“I decided to let it go. Sometimes the best you can do is not think about the ‘what ifs’, not wonder about the future, not imagine or obsess. Just let it go and breathe. Just have faith that everything will work out for the best.”

“But what about all the misunderstandings? It has been two years mom. She think I—“Jayson was cut off by Rabia.

“A single moment of misunderstanding is sometimes like a tsunami. You don’t see it coming yet it wipes away all the hundreds of lovable moments spent together in a matter of minutes.”
Jayson just stared at his mother.

“Just remind her how much you love her and what you have with her is worth fighting for. There is nothing that can’t be fixed with the right words and action especially when you know you are true at your heart. Go fix it son before it is too late”

Jayson got up and kissed his mom on the cheek as he rushed out the office, his heart pushing towards one person that mattered the most to him.
END OF FLASHBACK

“Kate” Jay whispered. “I am so sorry. I don’t even know where to start. I should have come after you when you left the hospital but I didn’t try looking for her. I was hurt, Kate.”
Kate gently placed her palm against his mouth and gently shook her head. She then pulled him towards the couch and sat down his large hands in his small ones.

Jayson kept quiet as he looked at her solemn face. Suddenly a sparkling object caught his peripheral vision and he looked at the centre table and saw the ring. He reached forward and picked it up. He had thought he lost it amongst all the commotion at the café.

Kate looked at the man sitting next to her. She couldn’t believe he was still here asking for her forgiveness when she was supposed to be doing that. She stared at his handsome face which was now covered with stubble.

Feeling her gaze on him and he looked up at Kate. She had tears rolling down her cheeks.

Jay, I am the one who should be apologizing and I shouldn’t be forgiven for the storm I created in our relation without understanding the situation---“

“Kate..” Jay cut her off

No please let me. I am shocked that you still love me and you are here when I don’t deserve your love. I deserve the pain and suffering for making you go through all that happened but I was scared Jay. I was pregnant and ecstatic. I don’t know what took over me when I saw you with the solemn look on your face and then it hit me that what we had was too fast. We fell in love the instant we met and it was too good to be true. You were the perfect man and I couldn’t believe it at that moment as it was too good to be true. I lost it. I looked for some flaw and then when you said we couldn’t have the baby, I just presumed you weren’t ready and my mind just went blank. I wanted to protect our baby and then I woke up in the hospital and the doctor told me that I had lost the baby. I just couldn’t take it any longer and made a run for it. That was the worst thing I could have probably done---“Kate couldn’t continue as she broke down crying.

“Shh…it is all in the past. Though I do regret the two years we lost but there is nothing that we can do about it except don’t let it affect our present and future. I love you Kate and I just want all this to be overt with so we can start again. I don’t want to waste another minute talking about the past. It is something that is no longer in our control.”

Kate nodded and Jay gently cradled her face in his hands and wiped the tears that were streaking down her cheeks. He then took her hand and gently placed her hand against his chest over his heart.

“You feel this? The only reason it beats is because of you.” Kate stared at his beautiful green eyes as she felt the steady beat of his heart under her palm.

“Come here” Jayson pulled her towards her and engulfed her in a hug.

“You belong here Kate, with me, forever and nothing can change that.”

Hope you enjoyed it!
Please do vote and comment!