[ Chapter 10 ]

☆☆☆

☆☆☆

It had been a while since Hanji returned to the Survey Corps Head Quarters. The superiors were having a meeting again, this time a little bit more casual since they were talking about possible improvements in the trainings.

They had just finished up for the most part. Nanaba and Mike were talking about their squad together while the others were doing something else. Erwin turned to Hanji. "So Hanji, you returned from the Training Corps, did you get some more information about the person?" Erwin asked with a light tone in his voice.

The brunet nodded their head frantically, they had gotten to know you a bit more and they quite liked you already. "Yes I do! A little bit more!" Hanji said excited.

Erwin raised an eyebrow at their enthousiasm. "What did you learn then?"

Their eyes lit up. "Well I got to see [Y/N] in action with combat! You should've seen her, so powerful! She's a little bit of a social awkward person but it's quite adorable if you think about it.. ooh and she is a cleanfreak and she's short. Just like Shorty here" They said before slapping Levi on his back harshly. He grunted sending a glare to the Squad Leader.

Erwin hummed. "How interesting, you seem close to her.." Hanji nodded their head. "Well she is a lot like Levi so I guess that's why.." They thought to themselves.

"What did you say was her name again?" Erwin asked them out of curiosity. "Her name is [Y/N]! Cool isn't it?"

Levi stood up abruptly, his chair hitting the wooden floor with a thud. Everyone was now looking him. "Eh what are you doing, Levi?" Hanji looked at him as Erwin shot him a worried glance.

"We're done here. I'm going to my office, bye." He said, before leaving the meeting room, leaving the rest of the Squad Leaders.

Mike Zacharias shrugged his shoulders. "What a weird timing.." He said. "Levi is just being Levi" Hanji said, putting their head on their hand.

Erwin and Hanji started conversating again. "Will she join the Survey Corps?" Erwin asked amused about all the talk about you with Hanji.

"Oh I definitely know she will!" Hanji laughed softly, a happy smile on their face.

●●●

Levi slammed the door to his office shut, his heart pounding in his chest. He sat down at his desk, running a hand through his hair. Memories that he was trying to forget invaded his mind again.

All this talk about a certain [Y/N], he felt like he couldn't breath in that room. The face of you, the faces of his dead friends flashed through his head.

He was constantly reminded. Reminded of his mistakes and wrongdoings. Reminded of the fact that he needs to improve, needs to get stronger. So he won't fail once again.

After all, he was the one who promised that he would always protect his sister.

☆☆☆