Chapter 27: New Doubts...

Unknown POV

"Son I cannot wait anymore!"

"Dad just wait... few more days?" I said but he wasn't ready to listen.

"My wife's dying there... have you ever known that feeling?!" He asked and I quickly snapped my eyes at him, and he squeezed his eyes shut at what that meant. "Sorry.... but we've to go get her quickly."

"The woman you're talking about is also my mother, I don't want to lose her either. I get what you're saying dad! But.... give me some time, did she have to go marry him!" I screamed and he pursed his lips.

"I don't know about all that. I have no idea how you're going to do this.. just get her! And.. it will be much easier for you now that she left that horrid man and his place." He stared into me and I nodded at him. That's all he needed, before he left taking his men with him.

Nicholas's POV

'Fvck! Where did she go now?' I searched the entire wedding venue. Each and every bedroom, bathroom. At first yeah... I wanted to avoid her. Gosh! Why is she so hellbent on getting a divorce?! But no... how long can I even avoid this for? One or the other day I have to face it. But now I got to make it clear to her that I don't want a divorce. And I'm trying to find her, and I don't know where she went. She's definitely not here.

Evelyn's POV

"Chrissy?" I asked opening the door while I wiped my tears. What's she doing at this time of the night? Oh my god she rang the bell so many times that I've come down with a headache already. "What are you doing here?" I asked but then I whined loudly and went inside leaving the door open and crashed onto my sofa with Chrissy next to me now.

"I should ask you instead. What happened?" She asked and I hugged her not saying anything. But I felt like a kid.

No actually, more like a prostitute. Oh, why did I have to sleep with him. Sleep and then regret.
"Nothing. Come sit" I pulled her on to the sofa and then asked, "What happened?"

She shook her head meaning nothing. Then we both sat quietly next to each other.

"I slept with Nick!"

"I think I might be pregnant!"

We both said that the same time.

"What's wrong with sleeping with your husband?" She asked.

And I was still in shock with the information she just gave me. "Whaaaat?" I said in shock.

"What's wrong with-"

"Not that!" I interrupted her. "Oh my god Chrissy! You're pregnant! Are you mad? Oh god. Oh god." I chanted. "Who's the father? Don't tell me Chris you don't know?!" I screamed holding my head.

"Chill! We'll do something" she said. "Do you have beer?" She asked and I glared at her.
That shut her up.

"You're pregnant and you want beer?!" I hissed at her.

She held her hands up like she's not to blame! "I meant... I suspect I am, not that I actually am." She said and I sat quietly with an 'oh'.
"So what is it that you were saying?" She grinned.

"Nothing"

"Really? That's not going to work with me. Now tell me what happened?" She screamed into my ear.

"I already said nothing. You know already that I left Nick. I asked for a divorce and he happily agreed. I think it's because of his ex. But then yesterday.... I-I... I had sex with him! At Carr's reception. Can you believe that?! And-and.... just forget it. I don't want talk about it." I said.