Chapter 75: Forgotten past

Iroh's P.O.V

"And then? What happened then?", Levi asked.

"Then the Chief accepted me as Kyoshi Warrior and I was named as the leader of them."

"You became the leader of the Kyoshi Warriors? But what happened? Why didn't you stay here?"

Saira then suddenly looked over to me and continued:"I have fallen in love."

"But you first came to the United Forces when you were nineteen. How is that possible? I thought you and Iroh officially met there."

"I'm not talking about Iroh-"

"What? You said that Iroh was your first love!"

"I never said that. I think both of us made clear that we were not each other's first love when you investigated us.", she joked.

"Oh yeah, right. So that means that you have followed him to the edge of the world, right?"

"No, that's not right. I left because of him."

I kept staring at her. I was aware that Saira had her secrets and I never pushed her to tell me them since I had my own as well. But this was completely new.

"Why did you leave him?", I asked and Saira turned her head in my way, completely surprised. I eyed her carefully and she hesitated before she continued.

"I thought I could help him. He wasn't like every other guy. He was...different. That was what caused me to like him. I didn't really know what I felt at the beginning when we met. When I met you, I felt completely comfortable around you. I enjoyed the time, we spent together. But when I met him, I was scared. He was a little bit creepy but that was the reason why he pulled me so much to him. He made me curious. He didn't spend time much with others, most time, he was alone. One day I dared to talk to him and to my surprise, he was very nice but something was laying in his eyes that scared me. I pushed my instincts away and got along with him. After approximately half a year, it became more and we started dating. I lived with him, his parents weren't anymore so he lived alone. He told me that I could move wherever I wanted in the house, just not to the cellar. Of course I listened to him and stood away from the mysterious cellar door. But one day, when I was home alone, there was a disgusting smell in the house. And that was the time when I found out that he was cheating on me.", she ended her story immediately.

"What? That was it? That's it? He betrayed you? I thought you would say something else. Damn woman you know how to tell a story really thrilling and end it abruptly."

"Sorry. I didn't mean to make you that curious.", she said with a fake smile. Meanwhile Saira was pale and smiled her fake smile when she hid something. Something wasn't alright and I knew it.

"Alright. I think you all should leave. I need some time to rest.", I said and tried to get up. I groaned in pain and Saira immediately rushed by my side to help me:"It would be better if you lay."

"No, it won't.", I disagreed. Levi looked at me and Saira and asked the men to leave us alone. Thankfully they did, as well as Seraphine.

"Are you doing better?", she asked while handing me my pants.

"Yes, I do. But you look pretty sick."

"I'm fine.", she said and took out a small box with ointment out of her bag. Before she could open it, I grabbed her wrists and pulled her closer to me so she had to look into my eyes. But she didn't. She avoided me as much as she could and looked to the side. Suddenly pain rushed through my body and I grit my teeth so my attitude wouldn't be gone. She was trapped and couldn't go anywhere. If she noticed that I was in pain, she would care immediately and the moment would be gone. What I did next, surprised even me, instead of pushing her, I laid my lips on hers and let go of her wrists. One of her hands wandered up to my jaw while the other one was placed on my chest. After a few minutes, I broke the kiss and I knew she wanted more.