False Hostility (Ramsay Bolton x fem!Stark reader) Modern AU

You tried not to fidget in your seat as you sat across from the Boltons. You glanced up at your father who gave you a smile. Nodding slightly, you sat up straight and got back to the business at hand. It seemed like the meeting would never end. You could still feel the cold blue eyes of Ramsay Bolton on you as you attempted to listen to his father's pitch for merging your two companies.

Every since your brother Robb had died in an accident, you'd been the one helping your father in the company which meant you had to be present at every single meeting, business dinner and company parties. Now, you wished you could just leave. You wanted nothing to do with the merger if it meant you'd have to work closely with Ramsay. You hated the man.

Ramsay Bolton was known to be ruthless, insisting on hostile takeovers of other companies rather than mergers like the one your fathers were trying to agree to. He had a short temper, but he hid it well under a mask of calm. He could shake your hand one minute and stab you in the back the next. He had none of your father's honor.

"I think that'll do it, Roose," your father's voice cut through your thoughts. You considered yourself lucky that you could take really good notes even when you weren't really paying attention. After a few more minutes of conversation, your father turned to you. "You don't mind do you, Y/N?" You started. "What?" Your father laughed. "I need you to meet with Ramsay tomorrow to go over the final contracts."

You took a moment to look over at Ramsay. He was smirking and you wanted desperately to decline. You knew your father needed your help though, so you plastered on a fake smile. "Of course. Perhaps over lunch, Mr. Bolton?" Ramsay nodded, not taking his eyes off you. His intense stare made you uncomfortable.

The next day you met Ramsay for lunch at little bistro, contracts in hand. He was already waiting for you, an expression of pure boredom painted on his face. When he saw you, his signature smirk appeared. "Ms. Stark. You should know I don't like to be kept waiting." You rolled your eyes and sat across from him. You slid the contracts over, ready to be done.

However, Ramsay pushed the papers aside and laced his fingers together under his chin. "Do I make you nervous, Y/N? Uncomfortable?" You knew he was challenging you, so you put on a brave face. "I assure you that nothing you could possible do would make me nervous or uncomfortable." The smirk deepened at that and he leaned over until his lips were right by your ear. "We shall see about that, won't we?"

You glared as he sat back down, making him laugh. "Lighten up, Y/N. Believe me, I don't want to be here anymore than you do but we should at least make the best of it." You sighed loudly. "Could you please just sign the contracts?" He shook his head. "Not until you get something to eat and tell me why you're so hostile."

"You're one to talk," you muttered, but he heard you anyway. "Someone doesn't do her homework. I'm not hostile." You fought the urge to roll your eyes again. "You may have others fooled with your nice act, Ramsay, but you don't fool me. I can see under your fake smiles." The smirk finally fell from his face. It wasn't often that his charm failed him. He sat back in his chair and watched your face. Finally, he smiled. "Good."

For the rest of the time you were in the bistro, Ramsay was himself. No false pretenses, just him and you, talking like normal people. To your surprise, Ramsay wasn't quite as hostile as you thought. He, like you, was sort of shoved into the position in his father's company. It wasn't something he wanted. He acted the way he did because he didn't want to let his father down, but he also wanted his father to fire him. "Although, maybe now that we've merged with Stark Enterprises, I'll enjoy it more. After all, I'll be working with a beautiful woman now."

You arched a brow. "Wow...is that really the best you can do?" you joked with a chuckle. Ramsay shook his head. "Not even close, love. However, I think you and I need to spend more time together before you see that side of me." You felt yourself blushing at the insinuation. "In your dreams,Ramsay," you replied but there was a smile on your face that Ramsay saw.He smiled back and you thought perhaps he wasn't so bad after all./7BcEPTd��27��

(a/n: I made this a Modern AU because this is no way a Stark would ever fall for Ramsay in Westeros after what he did to the family.)