07. dinner

I followed behind Clarke and Wells with Bellamy and Murphy trailing behind me. With each and every step I felt more and more discouraged. The dense forest did not seem to get any less confusing the further in we got. I had no clue how we were going to find Jasper.

"Hey! Hold up, what's the rush?" Bellamy called after about thirty minutes of silence, causing Clarke, Wells, and myself in turn to slow down. "You don't survive a spear through the heart." He was now waving his gun in the air as if to show it off.

"Put the gun away Bellamy." Wells ordered, causing Murphy to step forward and give him a shove. 

"Why don't you do something about it?" He challenged. 

I rolled my eyes with a huff. "Would you two cut it out?" I snapped, stepping in between the two boys. 

"Stay out of this freak." Murphy snickered, getting way too close to my face for comfort."Where is your brother anyway? Too chicken? Or is he hiding in a cupboard..." He trailed off for a moment, a smug look covering his face as he rose his brows. "Wait sorry, that was you."

I clenched my fists at my sides, honestly trying to resist punching this kid square in the nose. Bellamy, who seemed to have been triggered by Murphy's comments stepped in between us, giving him a light shove away from me.  "Murphy, that's enough." he ordered, his voice thick and angered.

"Jasper screamed when they moved him," Clarke started, ignoring everything that had just been said, "if the spear had have struck his heart he'd have died instantly. Doesn't mean we have time to waste."

Bellamy lunged forward, grabbing Clarke's arm as she began to move, "Soon as you take this wrist band off, we can go." Bellamy smirked.

Clarke ripped her arm from his grasp, "The only way the Ark is going to think I'm dead, is if i'm dead. Got it?"

Bellamy looked slightly taken aback but the smirk still remained on his face, "Brave Princess."

"Why don't you get your own nickname?" All of our heads turned to see Finn making his way towards us. As mad as I was at my brother, I couldn't help the small smile that spread onto my face.

"You call this a rescue party?" Finn questioned, ignoring the shocked looks on our faces. "We've got to spread out, cover more ground. Avery, Clarke, you two come with me." 

Another hand grabbed onto my arm and pulled me away from my brother and Clarke. "She's with me." Bellamy declared. 

I spun to look at him, brows furrowed in confusion. "Why?"

My brother stepped forward. "She's coming with me." He argued. 

Bellamy kept a neutral expression, not letting go of my arm. "It makes more sense to split into groups of two."

"Then Avery can go with Wells." Finn shot back. 

I sighed, feeling a lot like a piece of property. "I'll go with Bellamy." I interjected, much to my brother's dismay. "It'll be fine."

Finn clenched his jaw as he looked between Bellamy and I before breaking. "If you so much as hurt her feelings, I'll kill you, Bellamy."

Bellamy rolled his eyes with a smirk. "She'll be fine."

Finn and I locked eyes and I gave him a slight nod letting him know it was okay. He gave one last hard look to Bellamy before he and Clarke turned and left.

Once the two of them were out of sight, Bellamy released my arm, instead opting to place his hand on my back in an attempt to lead me in the direction we needed to go.