two

╔══════════════╗I know what you think in the morning When the sun shines on the ground╚══════════════╝

╔══════════════╗
I know what you think
in the morning
When the sun shines
on the ground
╚══════════════╝

"Does your shoulder still hurt?"

Rainbow wanted to lie to her brother, who she was currently on the phone with, but a groan followed by a small swear gave it away as she closed her car door. The teenager didn't want her brother to worry about her since the injury turned out to be just a sprain and she knew he had more important things to worry about; like school.

"I mean who the hell gives out a test on the first day back from break? It's friggin' ridiculous!" Ben smacked noisily on the phone while he conversed with Bow, the latter not minding at all. He was prone to changing the subject a lot due to his mind wandering every now and then. Benjamin had trouble staying focused, because of his ADHD, but his medicine seemed to help, sometimes.

Bow attempted to fix her curls while he brother complained over the phone, walking in an awkward manner since she was too busy focused on her hair. Ben noticed the lack of input from his older sibling and let out a disgruntled noise.

"Excuse me, what's more important than me?" Rainbow reluctantly released her curls from her soft grip and held her phone up to her ear so she could hear her brother rant more. "Are you doing your hair? God you're always fixing your damn hair."

The brown eyed teenager only smiled in return, absentmindedly tilting her head to the side in a manner that resulted in a few of her tousled curls flying over and landing on the other side of her part. As the two ended their conversation and said their goodbyes, Rainbow grew almost completely oblivious to her surroundings, only coming back to when something hard connected with her shoulder. Thankfully it wasn't her injured shoulder but that didn't stop her from hissing in pain as she fell to the hard ground, dropping her backpack in the process.

"Watch where you're-"

Picking her head up, Rainbow locked eyes with Jackson Whittemore, who glaring down on her as if he hated her very existence. When he realized who he ran into though, his glare dropped and he clenched his jaw. The popular teen glanced around, making sure that no one was watching, before he reached down, helping Rainbow off of her feet and handing the brunette her backpack. She didn't bother to say thank you, since she already knew that he hated hearing that from her, so she continued walking alongside him in silence.

"Where's your most loyal follower? She not here to kiss your ass yet?" Rainbow glanced at Jackson out of the corner of her eye, waiting for his reaction.

The lacrosse-playing jock rolled his eyes in response, causing Bow to let out an unattractive laugh. Jackson covered her mouth, looking around them to make sure no one was looking in their direction.

"See, this is why we don't hang out in public," Jackson reminded her as he removed his hand from her mouth. "You laugh at everything, and your laugh is annoying."

"Oh wow, I've never heard that one before," Rainbow muttered sarcastically. Looking to her right, she spotted Lydia coming towards them with three girls following behind her. "So that's my cue to leave."

Jackson only stared back at her, preparing himself for all of the talking his girlfriend was about to partake in. Rainbow snorted, making Jackson offer her an annoyed stare. He watched the shorter teenager walk off towards the direction of the school, her brown curls bouncing in sync with her feet as they touched the ground.

While Rainbow was carefully selecting a playlist to get her through her first few periods, her mind basically screamed at her to look up. She complied after a few seconds, peaking through her naturally curled strands of hair, only to make eye contact with the same person she had seen less than twenty four hours ago.

She and Scott continued to stare at each other until the former heard her friends calling her over. The teen watched Rainbow look away from him, embracing her friends excitedly. Coming back to reality, Scott gently tapped Stiles' shoulder, gaining the boy's attention.

Scott's voice got quiet, somehow thinking that Rainbow was capable of hearing him from her current location. "Do you know who she is? The one with the curly hair?"

Stiles stared at the doe eyed girl, who wasn't focused on them in the slightest, before he made a disgruntled noise, looking away from her. "That's uh, Rainbow. Rainbow Larsen. You know, she hit me in the head with a soccer ball once and I lump there for days."

Beside him, Scott refrained from laughing, the memory replaying in his mind over and over again. Stiles scoffed as he watched her converse with other student athletes, his eyes narrowed with slight jealousy.

"Her friends are so sure she's gonna make team captain this year, they've already planned a party to celebrate. I swear that girl thinks she invented soccer or something."

"She might as well have," Jackson snapped, coming in between the two friends. There was a small smirk that appeared on his face when he saw their reactions, making Scott internally offer him a few unkind words, in his mind of course. "You can talk shit when you get into a sport, losers."

He left them with that, walking off in the direction of the gym instead of the actual school building. Stiles held up his lacrosse stick, a look of disbelief on his face. The bell rang just as Stiles looked over to his best friend for support.

Scott shrugged Jackson off, half of his faith in making first line diminished in only a few seconds. "Just leave it, we have to get to homeroom."

"God I hate student athletes," Stiles seethed, seeing all of them clustered together as they walked into the school.

Confusion was clear on Scott's face. "Dude, we're student athletes," he reminded his friend, holding up his lacrosse stick that he had spent the night fixing for emphasis.

Stiles was silent for a moment before he nodded a few times, his shoulders moving up and down. "Yeah, but I mean good ones."

They ended up right behind Rainbow and her friends, who were filling up the halls with their laughs and jokes. Rainbow was laughing more than she was joking but she was too enveloped in what her friend, West, was saying that she didn't notice her iPhone slowly slipping out of her pocket from her constant moving around. Before the expensive item could fall to the floor and shatter, Scott was right behind Bow, her iPhone already in his grasp.

After a few seconds had went by, Rainbow offered Scott a small but very thankful smile, not giving him time to say anything in return before she was off again in the direction of her homeroom class, leaving him to watch her walk away.

━━━━━━━━━━━

i was gonna make it longer but Hannah Banana said no so..