13.

C H R I S T I N E

Bored and annoyed. That's what I felt. It is Sunday afternoon and usually at that time we have plenty of customers but today nobody showed up. The weather isn't that good but still...where did everybody go?

Jennifer -unfortunately for me- has taken the day off to look after her siblings. We wanted to hang out together but our plans went out of the window.

Nobody is in the diner, just me and Catherine. Even Mark took a break.

I wanted to do something because I don't like sitting on my butt for too long. I wanted to go somewhere, talk with someone but it is just me, myself and I.

Honestly, I thought about calling Mathew to talk with him or maybe meet somewhere. I wouldn't mind cooking for him today. But he is probably working and he is my boss, I shouldn't hang out with him.

I decided to take a walk around the diner to refresh my mind and move my legs a little bit.

I heard a honk and looked up from my feet. The familiar black car parked in front and I smiled. I guess God heard my prayers.

Mathew rolled down the window and smirked at me.

"Don't you want to get in?" He still has that smirk on his face.

"Um..I don't know, let me think about it" I smirked.

"Get in, peaches" He winked and my heart flattered. Peaches?! He never called me that, where did he got that name from?

"Gimme a sec" I replied and ran inside the diner quickly.

I went to Catherine's office and smiled sheepishly at her and she rolled her eyes.

"I'll call you if I need you" She said and I thanked her and jogged outside.

I opened the back door of Mathew's car and hopped inside.

"Took you long enough" Mathew smirked and I rolled my eyes.

"Hello,Ryan" I smiled and he looked back at me through the rear view mirror with a smile.

"Hello,Miss. Christine" He said.

"Where to Mr. McKellen?" Ryan asked.

"To my office" He replied.

The office?! How is that fun? I frowned.

"Don't frown yet" He smirked.

The way there was beautiful, huge buildings made out of bricks and glass. Everything was big, ten times bigger. The windows of the buildings reflected the sun light perfectly. There was traffic but I enjoyed the drive nonetheless.

Ryan parked the car outside a tall building, there were a huge MC on the front of it. Obviously it belong to the McKellens.

I heard they design furniture and kitchens which probably explain why Mathew's house is so pretty.

We walked silently to the entrance of the building. The double doors opened automatically and we went through. The inside of the building was even more beautiful. Everything was shiny from the marbles on the floor to the chandelier on the ceiling.

I felt out of place. I have never been inside a company building before.

The weird thing though, that nobody was here. It is Sunday after all, everybody is probably home resting.

Mathew cleared his throat sighing me to follow him, I walked behind him until we reached the elevator.

The elevator was made out of glass and as we went up and I looked down, I got dizzy. I quickly looked anywhere but down which lead me to staring at Mathew's face. He has a gorgeous face, spotless, no bread, jaw line that could slice anything. Overall beautifully structured face.

"Are you okay?" Mathew frowned in concern.

"I'm dizzy because of the heights" I sighed.

"Oh...I didn't know" He said.

"No problem" I shook my head slightly.

His hand reached for mine and he intertwined our fingers together. His hand fitted mine perfectly, it was warm and it made me feel at ease yet nervous. Like he's trying to calm down my dizziness but he made me anxious about something else which I haven't figured it out yet.

Suddenly, the elevator ride didn't feel so bad.

I heard a faint ding and sighed in relief. Thanks goodness.

I hesitated to pull my hand away but when he didn't I decided not to. It's okay to hold hands, right?! He's being friendly.

We entered the office through double wooden doors and I gasped. The office was huge. A giant desk was in the middle of the room with one of those leather moving chairs. There weren't any walls, only windows. I was definitely more frightened now. I gulped.

"I don't think it's a good idea to stay in here" I whispered.

"Yeah, I don't think so either." He said.

"I just wanted you to see where I work since I have seen the diner." He added and I nodded.

We quickly turned around and went back into the elevator. I glanced at the view for a second and quickly covered my face in Mathew's left arm. He squeezed my hand tightly.

Heights have never been my thing, I hated heights. If I go any higher than 3rd floor, I get scared.

I felt like a child covering my face in Mathew's arm but I was sure that if I continued looking at the view, I would throw up. And that would have been very ugly. I shivered at the thought of vomit all over the floor.

I heard the faint ding again and pulled my face away from Mathew's arm. We walked out of the elevator and I sighed in relief.

"I am sorry" Mathew said sincerely.

"It's okay, you didn't know" I smiled a little.

We walked back to the car. I pulled my hand away when we reached it and hopped inside. Ryan smiled through rear view mirror and I smiled back at him.

"Where to next, Mr. McKellen?" Ryan asked.

"Home"