0018

Craig spent the night talking to Lola. He didn't know why, since she couldn't strum up an interesting conversation if her life depended on it. Most of what she ranted on about was idle gossip that Craig found himself subconsciously nodding to like a bobbly head. Then again, she was one of the most popular girls at their school, and even though he'd usually not care about that stuff, he needed to get Allie Nelson off his back. Clearly she hadn't taken the hint.

Lola was different though, her dark green eyes held so much passion when she talked, even if it was about Heidi's chin pimple. The enthusiasm she held with every word, was something new to him, and the way her chocolate-brown hair kept getting sucked in her mouth when she moved her head too much, was slightly adorable.

He was utterly intoxicated at this point, feeling dizzy, yet he continued to refill his drink. The two of them had headed on into the games room, crowded by the people still sober enough to play a game of poker. Lola had held onto his hand, guiding him over to a couple of seat just at the back. Her soft voice continued, with Craig not fully paying attention once he was sat down, since the room was spinning around him.

He hadn't even noticed Clyde and Bebe approach them until the pair of them were sitting directly in front of him. "How much have you had to drink?" Clyde laughed, being slightly hypocritical, considering he was in the same boat.

"Hm," Craig glanced in his friends direction, not knowing what he'd said, until a few seconds later. "Not much."

"Not that I don't believe you or anything, but you're swaying." Clyde snickered, throwing back the remains of his drink, whilst watching over the rim as Craig gave him the middle finger.

"Lola, I didn't know you was into Craig." Bebe spoke to her friend. "I could've set you guys up ages ago."

Lola shyly smiled, her eyes flickering to Craig, who was glaring at his hand, then returned to looking at Bebe. "Oh, we've just been hanging out." She waved her hand dismissively.

Bebe's eyes lit up as her Cupids arrow itched to come out and play. She looked to her boyfriend, then around the room, noticing there wasn't many people there. "How about we play a game of truth or dare?" She suggested, but before anyone could reply, she was talking again. "You guys stay here, I'll go fetch some more people." And with that she was off, dashing out of the room faster than an owl swooping down on its pray.

Clyde scratched his head, watching his girlfriend go. She returned around ten minutes later with a few more people, Craig only recognising Damion, and of course Allie. After Bebe organised everyone into a circle, the game had flowed quite neatly, with a few truths being spilt by those too scared to pick dare, whilst those who were brave enough, wished they hadn't been. It wasn't long until Bebe metaphorically loaded up her arrow, bracing it for impact, before shooting her words to Craig, who was slightly sobering up by this point, but not enough.

"Craig!" Bebe smirked. "Truth or dare?"

"Uh," Craig glanced to Allie who had been glaring at him the entire time. "Dare."

Bebe clapped excitedly, squealing slightly. "I dare you to kiss Lola."

Lola blushed beside Craig, the two of them awkwardly looking to each other before she balanced on her knees in front of him, looking into his eyes expectantly. Her green eyes were comforting, and Craig easily found himself leaning in slightly, meeting her half way, but as her lips softly joined his own, his mind rejected it. Something didn't feel right, didn't taste right. He breathed through his nose, annoyed with his subconscious and pushed through it, kissing back harder, forcing his lips to move, to not freeze up and make him look stupid. But he felt stupid anyway, because there was something entirely wrong with this.

The game finished not long after and Craig made his escape, making up excuses about not feeling well, before practically charging out of the door and into Bebe's backyard. He'd followed the side gate around, passively pushing his way through the sweaty bodies, until he was in the front yard.

Taking a deep breath, he now felt as though he could finally breathe without choking. His fingers found his hair as his eyes momentarily closed, and the cold air filled his lungs, calming him. His eyes were out of focus as they opened up again, and as he looked on ahead, he was almost certain he could see Tweek kissing Kenny McCormick.

He shook his head, rubbing at his eyes, but they were still there with a cloud a smoke surrounding them, then slowly disappearing out of sight. His feet carried him closer, one step at a time before he was standing close enough to know for sure that it was his best friend. "Tweek?" Craig asked, his voice sceptical.

Tweek looked up from his place on the front step, whilst Kenny looked away as he relit his joint that had went out. "Hey, what's up?" Tweek lazily smiled.

Craig's eyes landed on the thing between Kenny's fingers, and in that moment, he knew he shouldn't have left him with Token. Of course he'd end up wandering off, leaving Tweek to be adopted by a stoner. Kenny stood up, brushing himself down then offered Tweek a hand up, which he accepted. "I'll see you around." Kenny waved offhandedly, taking another drag as he stalked off around the side of the house.

Craig raised an eyebrow at Tweek. "What was that?"

"What?" Tweek stared back, confused.

"That. I thought you wasn't into Kenny?"

"I'm not?" Tweek insisted, his features all serious.

"I just saw you, Tweek." Craig rolled his eyes.

Tweek opened and closed his mouth, bewildered before realisation hit him. His eyes turned wide while a smile tugged on his lips. "Oh!" He laughed. Craig only frowned. "That wasn't, we weren't kissing if that's what you thought. He was doing that shotgun thing, blowing the smoke into my mouth."

"The what thing?"

"I don't know, I can't remember what it's called." Tweek shrugged. "Can we go home now? I'm exhausted."

Craig took his time replying, glancing back to the house as he thought. "We have to find Token and Clyde first." Tweek nodded, pulling out his phone to dial their numbers, though neither answered. He sighed, turning back to Craig. "Okay, I'll check upstairs, you check downstairs."