Chapter 3: I don't bite, that hard

edited

*beep

*beep

"Honey wake up!" I hear a sweet soft voice, instantly I sit up and rub the sleepiness from my eyes.

"Maria?" I ask looking around, suddenly all of the memories flood back into my mind making me frown slightly.

"It's Richelle here, hey I just wanted to wake you up because your alarm clock was going off. It's time for you to go to school." Richelle smiles, her makeup was done perfectly and her hair was straight as a board. She was dressed in a black pencil skirt and a white blouse that looked quite formal.

"Okay." I whisper and get up to fix my hair and brush my teeth in the bathroom.

I pull out my only clean outfit and approve the reflection in the mirror. Addy runs into the room with a flowy sundress, her hair is in two braids and her thumb is stuck in her mouth causing drool to cover her face.

"Your clothes are weird." Addy states and runs away causing me to burst out laughing.

"It's called different styles." I whisper, shaking my head before walking downstairs. Richelle sat in the kitchen getting breakfast for Addy.

"Hey! Good morning! So I can drop you off at school if you'd like, then-"

"No it's okay, I can walk." I persist nicely and walk straight out the door, I don't know why but something about her made me feel uncomfortable. Sure she's nice but there's just something sketchy about her that makes me stiff in discomfort.

Soon I reach the school and instantly panic when I notice my bottle of pills for my anxiety were left on my bathroom counter. It's okay, I can do this. Right? A boy passes by me and soon I'm close to hyperventilating. Or maybe I can't do this.

"Excuse me? Are you okay?" I hear a soft voice, I look up to meet a pair of green/grey eyes, her short blonde hair was left up in a bun with two strands of her hair falling around the sides of her round face. She wore light washed skinny jeans and a cute floral tank top.

I ignore her and keep my head down, I just need to block everyone out. I can make it through today. One step at a time.

"You're new, aren't you?" She states rather than asks.

I keep my head down and decide not to respond. "I'm Kasey. Follow me, I can show you around." Kasey beams and straightens her skinny figure. I instantly freak out and  walk away leaving her astonished. 

"Wait up!" I hear her soft voice call out, why is she so persistent?

"I get it. You're new and you don't know anybody, but just let me show you around. C'mon I don't bite, that hard." Kasey says with a small chuckle, she tucks her books under her arm and readjusts her army jacket before giving me a slight smile. 

I roll my eyes which probably meant 'yeah sure! show me around!' for Kasey because she grabs my forearm and leads me down the hall.

Some people just don't get it.

"That's the office, don't worry about fitting in. No one really cares about anyone or anything so you're all set." Kasey smiles causing me to feel even more uncomfortable.

Kasey leads me into the office, walking up to the counter and looking at me expectantly.

"Wild Jones." I state blandly to the secretary, the old woman looks up from her paperwork and takes in my appearance.

"New student! Okay, your mother-"

"She's not my mom." I cut her off abruptly, realizing my words sounded rude and out of the blue.

"O-Okay, well Ms, Candace sent a bottle of pills to the office for your anxiety just in case you forget them because you have ADHD-"

"Okay can I just have it." I say impatiently, avoiding eye contact and staring out the window. The woman quietly pulls out the bottle of pills and hands me my locker combo and timetable.

"Um, here I'll take you to your locker." Kasey whispers and leads me to my locker.

I grab all of my books which were already put in the locker for me, the bell rings and soon Kasey leads me to our first class.

Kasey said our schedules are almost exactly the same, I have a couple different classes than her luckily.

"Alright class!" The teacher smiles and looks straight at me making me shift uncomfortably in my seat. Please don't make me introduce myself.

"Well why don't you introduce yourself?"

I glare at her hiddenly and cross my arms again, she frowns noticing that I'm not one of those overly-sweet teen girls that give teachers presents every holiday and looks down at her desk. I don't ever mean to be rude to people, I just don't know how to socialize anymore.

"Well, okay then. Class this is Wild Jones, she will be joining us from now on. Let's give her a great first day, eh?" The teacher smiles, I sink further down in my seat from all of this attention.

Everyone was looking at me, even all of the boys which has me squirming in my seat. I bite my lip to keep the tears in but I couldn't stop the heavy breathing. I'm just overreacting it's nothing, I gotta calm down.

Suddenly the door slams open.

"Evan Shepards! Late for my class again? One more time and you get a detention! Sit in your seat now!" The teacher yells, talk about first impressions.

I look at the boy in front of me, his dark brown hair sat in nice smooth ocean waves above his head and his forest green eyes looked so mysterious and discoverable. That one mischievous spark in his eye already caught me off gaurd somehow, he looks terrifying. My breath becomes ragged as I place my hand over my chest, hoping it'll settle my racing heart.

I look away and close my eyes, trying to catch a breath. Every guy I look at always scares me and I hate it.

I open my eyes and look up again, instantly regretting it, he looks at me, smirks and sits in the only empty seat.

The one beside me.

-

like and comment xx