Chapter 27.

"Are you guys doing anything later?" Michael asked. We were on our way to school, and Michael was finally walking with us again after giving up on trying for Ashton's attention any longer. I felt bad for him, but I think we all saw it coming. Ashton was only using Michael to get closer to me.

"Um, yeah. I'm busy." Luke said quickly, looking down at the ground as he walked.

"I have a ton of homework to do." I added. I wasn't sure what Luke was doing later, but I wasn't sure I needed to know. Luke may have been feeling better last weekend, but now he was back to his regular sad self.

"Hey Luke, are you alright?" Michael asked.

"I'm fine." Luke mumbled. He grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers, pulling me closer to him as we walked down the street.

"Are you sure? You've been - " I started to speak, but Luke cut me off.

"I've been acting weird lately, haven't I?" Luke snapped. Michael and I both stopped walking and turned to face Luke.

"She was just asking!" Michael said, throwing his hands up in the air. "You know, you drive Stella crazy when you act like this."

I sent a glare to Michael before looking back at Luke, who's face was twisted into a mix of anger and confusion.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"She hates seeing you upset like this. You get in these moods where no one knows what's going on and treat Stella like shit just because that's how you feel. It may not bother you but it really bothers me." Michael explained.

Luke sighed, and looked back at me apologetically. "I have a lot going on right now."

It was true that Luke had a lot going on in his life, but everything that Michael said made sense as well. Lately Luke had been acting so distant and rude that I didn't even want to talk to him anymore. I wanted to help him, but he wasn't letting me.

"Well that doesn't mean you need to act like such an asshole. Stella wants to help you and you hardly let her in." Michael continued. He crossed his arms over his chest, a slight scowl set on his face.

"I'm not acting like an asshole!" Luke shouted. "Stel understands what I'm going through, she gets it."

"And I get it too, Luke. But you've been acting like a real dick lately and you won't open up to anyone about it. We're just trying to help." Michael said, and all I could do was nod in response.

"I don't want anyone's fucking help!" Luke flinched. He dropped my hand and stepped back from both of us, holding his hands up like he was surrendering.

"Luke.." I reached out for him again, but he only backed father away from me.

"You obviously need some." Michael scoffed.

"You don't know anything about me, Michael. Just stop talking before you get yourself into even more shit." Luke spat, and with that he stormed off, leaving Michael and I standing in a very confused state on the side of the street.

-

"Hey, where's Luke?" A voice came from behind me. I looked up, seeing Ashton staring down at me. He pulled up a chair to our lunch table and sat beside me.

"What are you doing here?" Michael asked, glaring at Ashton. He was in a bad mood today, ever since his argument with Luke on the way to school.

"I just wanted to say hi, see what's up with you guys." Ashton shrugged. He leaned forward and stole a fry off of Michael's lunch tray. I expected him to take them back from Ashton, but he let him have it.