Chapter Forty Nine

Niada's Point of View

I actually told Blake sorry, after all he did that made him deserve it and so much more.

But I knew my light was slowly going out.

When I arrived in Pearlette's room, I saw she had the glass of the mixture ready.

"Here," she gave me the glass.

I chugged it down my throat, as it burned the insides of my mouth and left a bitter aftertaste.

Instantly, the effects kicked in, as I felt my eyes wanting to give up on me.

All I could now think about was getting into a comfortable bed filled with soft pillows.

"You should get on that bed before you fall asleep on the floor," Pearlette guided me to the bed.

As soon as I collapsed on the bed, I was out like a light.

Blake's Point of View

I still couldn't believe that Niada had actually told me sorry.

Although I wanted to make her pay for what she did to me, I know that I deserved it, and my wolf also told me so.

The memories of Naeva that she had somehow managed to place in my mind, kept on replaying like a broken record.

I had missed her so much. Her beautiful, flowing red hair, that made her stand out. Her gorgeous features. I just missed everything about her.

I wonder how I could have been so stupid to lose the one created for me, all because of my stupidity.

Now I'm stuck with Rain who just wants attention and power.

What did I see in her before?

Maybe I should just let Niada save her, seeing as she probably still hates me and I don't blame her.

Maybe one day soon we will be together at last.

I finished doing the last remaining pieces of paperwork that Magnus had not yet completed, before leaving the office.

I felt weird walking down the hallway, probably because I hadn't been able to move my body for weeks.

When walking in the hall, I said a few hey to the members as they waved back at me.

I still felt tired and sore, and even sometimes got the illusion that some of the things I had saw were right behind me.

Entering the kitchen, I made myself three sandwiches to try to get some strength back into my body.

Naeva's Point of View

I was lying on the cold, hard, stone floor after my thousand beating.

I was out of breath and felt as if my body would just give up on me completely.

About an hour or maybe two had passed by, when I felt as if I was suddenly filled with a burst of energy.

Power I had never felt before flowed through my veins as I instantly regained all of my strength that I had lost and much more.

Instantly, I knew Niada had something to do with this.

"Now is our chance to get out of here," the shadows whispered in my ear.

"I agree. Now that you have so much more added power to yours, it will be easy to take down  that son of a bitch, Alec," Amara added.

For once they actually gave good idea.

It is about time that I get out of here, and I think Samuel will not be able to survive this any longer.