The Light

Shayna's eyes fluttered open as a pain rocked through her body. She screamed out in pain, but it came out hoarse. She couldn't get herself to open her eyes fully. She attempted to look around, but all she saw was blinding white lights. She panicked not knowing what was going on. Shayna prayed that she wasn't dying, because she didn't want to walk towards the white light. There was still so much that she wanted to do. She wanted to travel the world, and most of all she wanted to be a mother. Shayna blinked her eyes, causing tears to run down her cheeks. She looked around and attempted to adjust her eyes, but it never seemed to help. As she tried to moved the light, she found her arms to be attached to something. The beeping of machines filled her ears, and suddenly her heart began to bound heavily. As Shayna began to panic, a warm hand filled her own causing her heart to instantly calm down. It was as if it was anchoring her back to the earth, as her body attempted to drift away.

Her eyes finally adjusted to the room she was in. She realized that she was in a hospital room. Looking to the left of her, Shawn's handsome face comes into view. He has concern written all over his face. She attempted to smile, but her chapped lips made that difficult. Sensing her lack of comfort, Shawn sprang to get water for her. He ran quickly back over to her, as a yell ripped through her body. Shayna's gripped seemed as if it was going to break the bed rails she was holding on to.

As he began to panic, Shawn pushed the button for the nurse's station. Seconds later a woman in scrubs rushed into the room, and looked at us questioningly. It wasn't until she heard a scream rip through Shayna's chest that she ran to get the doctor. The doctor walked in moments later with a smile on his face. He was about to speak, but he saw the death stare on Shayna's face. He walked over to the bed, and looked under the blanket. As he pulled his head back, he has a look of shock written on his face. Shawn eyes shifted quickly as he tried to figure out what was happening. Before he could ask, the doctor spoke up, "The baby's are coming now!" Shayna sat her head up, and looked at him as if he had grown a second head. She shook her head and said, "How? Not like right now. I haven't gotten in medicine yet."
"There isn't enough time. We will give you some after to relieve the pain. But for right now I need for you to get ready to push," the doctor said looking between Shawn and Shayna.

Happiness filled Shawn's eyes as he thought about his boys being here sooner than he thought. He turned to Shayna who was getting adjusted in the bed  in order to be in the correct position to give birth. She had a look of terror on her face, but Shawn instantly eased that terror with a kiss on the forehead. He gave her nod, and kissed her knuckles letting her know that he was right with her. Shayna couldn't believe that she was about to give birth. She was still trying to figure how she ended up in the hospital to begin with. While she was in deep thought, a contraction rip through her, and the doctor told her to push.

Moments passed, and before long a cry filled the air. Shawn looked up at his first son, as he was instructed to cut the umbilical cord. Andrew Johnathan Matthews was just as beautiful as he was expected to be. Shawn couldn't tear his eyes away from him. His observation was interrupted as another cry filled the room. Turning back to the sound, Shawn kissed Shayna's forehead. He cut the umbilical cord. Adrian Jeremiah Matthews took Shayna's breath away as they laid him on her chest. Tears of joy spilled from Shayna's eyes as she held held Adrian. Shawn looked down at the other bundle of joy in his arms, and silently thanked God for not allowing anything to happen to them.

The thought of the incident came back into Shawn's mind, but he didn't want to interrupt the beautiful moment by bringing it up. Shayna reached her hand out, and placed it into Shawn's. Her family was now complete. She had everything she wanted. Her smile faltered as she wanted to have Mac'Kenzie near. She wanted her to meet her little brothers. She didn't stay in her thoughts for long, because people began to bustle in and out the room. People coming in to congratulate them on their new family members. Shayna smiled as people observed her perfect family. She never thought that she would ever be so happy, but being a mother gave her that last bit of happiness to make her life complete.

A small voice entered the room, causing Shayna's head to snap up. She smiled as Mac'Kenzie's small body sauntered into the room. She had a huge smile on her face, and said "Gram Gram said by bub bubs are here." Shawn smiled and handed Andrew over to Shayna. He scooped Mac'Kenzie up, and turned her to face Shayna. Her eyes lit up in delight as she watched the two babies cooing softly on Shayna's chest. Shawn kissed her cheeks, and said, "K Baby, these are you little brothers, Andrew and Adrian."
"So wittle."
"Yes they are little, but they will be big boys in no time so that you have someone to play with."
"Yay," she clapped with in enthusiasm. Shayna chuckled at her delight and sat up to kiss her forehead.

Shawn smiled looking over his family. It was everything he could have wanted. His wife, his daughter, and sons, Shawn couldn't ask for anything better. He knew that he could always count on Shayna. Marrying her was the smartest decision he ever did in his life, and he would treasure her until his last breath.

A/N: Guys this is it. Well there will be an Epilogue. I hope you enjoyed this chapter, and don't forget to vote and comment. -Toia <3