day 12

day 12
10:08

jimin and jungkook were animatedly making conversation with one another at the counter. they arrived at the bakery asking jin if he'd like to tag along with them somewhere later on in the day once his shift was over.

he agreed, of course, not being able to say no to his friends.

"but just so you know," he said while they cheered, "if i had friends older than me i'd ditch you."

namjoon, whom jin hadn't noticed stepped into the shop, stopped behind the two younger boys and pouted in mock. "would you ditch me to, then, jinnie?"

jin wildly shook his head in protest, which made the purple-haired boy chuckle deeply.

"so you'd hang out with barney over here, but not us?" jimin rolled his eyes once taking a brief look at the taller male behind him. jungkook shoved his friend's shoulder, not understanding why jimin was always so bold-mouthed to people bigger than him in both height and width.

"please," jimin scoffed at jungkook, "i could boa constrict his neck with my thighs."

"jimin, shut the fuck up with your my little pony meets the care bears cotton candy headass." hoseok breezed passed jin to get a menu from behind him.

after the strange statement, the entrance door bell chimed, and in walked yoongi. no one seemed to notice but jin, as the small boy stood beside namjoon.

"my hair is a beautiful color, and you know that." jimin jabbed a finger at hoseok, who rolled his eyes and handed the laminated menu to a customer who was awkwardly standing to the side.

"it's the prettiest color jiminie." seokjin offered a small smile, holding back a long sigh.

jimin was usually more reserved, but of course, taehyung gave him a large coffee along with more than enough beignets. the result was jimin being way too sassy for his body size and more talkative than usual.

"he does know this is a bakery and not a salon right?" the question yoongi asked was directed more to his friend beside him, but he could care less about how loud he was.

jin squeezed his eyes shut tightly and practically began praying that jimin wouldn't attack the boy behind him.

jin saw that jimin was beginning to speak, but yoongi cut him off him an upraised hand.

"look pink panther," he started bluntly, "your hair looks like shit and i just want my coffee cake. move." and with a petty shove to the side, jimin gave yoongi the most incredulous look he could muster.

"your friends are really strange," namjoon mumbled to jin. they sat shoulder to shoulder again, but this time they were at a picnic table in the park. jin bought french pastries—pâte feuilletées—and mango smoothies from the bakery.

the park was nearly empty, aside from the seven boys and a few children with their parents.

taehyung was chasing hoseok around a tree with a garden snake he found slithering in the grass.

jungkook was performing chin-ups on the monkey bars, while a few kids were pleading for him to move.

and lastly, there was jimin, who finally reverted back to his normal self. he sat in the unkempt grass giggling with a small girl and making flower crowns for her and her older brother.

"if i were a mom," yoongi sat across from them picking at his pastries, "i'd be wary of that one." he pointed towards jimin.

"no one is worried about a small boy with pink hair, yoongi." jin shook his head, knowing yoongi was only bitter from the situation earlier.

"he threatened to choke me with his thighs." namjoon reminded.

his forearms were entangled in the sleeves of his leather jacket that he had placed on the table. he used this as a sort of pillow, resting his head on the material while facing jin. when the older looked down at him, his breath nearly hitched.

the warm glow from the high noon's sun made the highlights and lowlights of purple streaks in his hair stand out. the soft, occasional breeze made a few strands dance. but when he would open his eyes, the sunlight would illusion them to appear shades lighter—like honey.

namjoon was so unnervingly beautiful down from his soft physical features, to his colorful personality, and stopping at his strange sense of fashion.

if jin hadn't gotten to know him decently well, he'd never assume namjoon had a thing for strawberry shortcakes. he looked like a man who didn't even eat sweets—someone brooding and intimidating.

but that role belonged to yoongi.

and jin found that really funny.

***

i love jimin to the edge of the universe and back