Omega

Rocky Mountain Beautiful!! They will always be home to me!

Two parts in one day.... I must really love you guys.

There are some answers you have been asking for coming up.

Bon Appetite.

Love
NJ Kuhr
xoxo

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My pelvis was mending quickly, much faster than I'd ever healed before. Something I suspected had to do with my bond to Bash. It hurt but I pulled myself up into a sitting position anyway. Lying down in the back seat was getting tedious.

Gemini was restless. We could see the four feet of snow on the ground as Bash drove along a back country highway. The mountains were beautiful, huge and blue with snowcapped peaks. I tapped on the arm rest just below the button that would roll the window down.

    I'd grown used to Bash's quiet company. Every now and then I could smell anger rolling off of him at whatever he was thinking. My own fear would mix into the cab and he would calm himself down. He never lost his temper but the only time he was short with me was if I ignored Laurel's advice. I wasn't sure if that included risking a cold by letting crisp mountain air into the cab. I wanted to smell the woods and the trees. It was like there was no one in the world but us.

    The window rolled down on its own. I glanced over and caught Bash's eye through the rear view mirror. He had controls on his door and figured out what I wanted. The corners of my mouth tightened as a thank you. I closed my eyes and leaned against the frame. Cold air flooding in, it was fresh and crisp. I could smell the trees and the snow. I didn't know snow had a smell but it did. Bash smelled like snow and clove, clean and spicy.

    Gem had her tongue out but we could feel him watching us. She was enjoying leaning into an open window but she didn't like that I'd closed my eyes. She surfaced a little, cracking one of my eyes open in a guarded manner. He glanced at us in the mirror again, turning back to the road.

    Bash chuckled. "Down little wolf. You have nothing to fear from me. Parker is safe."

    My wolf wasn't so sure but she was stubborn too and settled back into my mind. I didn't respond just stretched my chin out more as wintery air brushed against my face. Gem even began to forget about the male driving the truck. She relaxed feeling the fresh moisture that we never experienced in the desert. Phoenix was a dry heat; the air in Colorado was reviving, light and moist.

Knowing she could influence my emotions made me doubtful. I could never be as confident in the safety that Bash alluded to if Gem wasn't relatively secure with him and his pack.

    I sat like that for over an hour waiting for him to roll the window back up but he never did. Half expecting him to my impatience got the best of me. "How long are you going to let me keep the window down?" I could enjoy it more without expecting it to be over any second.

    He checked the side view mirror out of habit. We hadn't seen another vehicle on the road for hours. "However long you want to keep it down. It doesn't bother me." Laurel had fallen asleep.

    "What if I get sick?"

    There was that hesitation again. "Werewolves don't get sick. Things like cold's and flu's are human ailments. There are things that can harm us, silver for one, certain poisons but most diseases and viruses don't affect our immune system. You'll never get cancer, never age. Any illnesses or genetic diseases you had were eliminated when you were changed."