Chapter Eleven | Swallow Your Spit

"Yes," I repeated myself for what felt like the hundredth time. "That is what I said the first three times."

"I'm sorry. I'm just slightly in shock that you would actually agree to go and do something pack related with Matteo," Jack rambled in disbelief.

I'd made the courageous decision of telling Jack that I was going to the Leaders' Conference before anyone else had the chance to. I did this solely because I wasn't sure if he would squeal in excitement and embarrass himself when he found out or freak out on me for not telling him as soon as the decision became final. Besides, I had questions about it, and I wasn't one-hundred percent positive that I could stay with Matteo in his office this afternoon any longer without getting down to business.

"I really don't see why," I muttered as I ripped my socks off of my feet. I really hate socks.

"You told Daniella that you hope she chokes on electrical wire when she asked if you'd taken the chance to talk to anyone in the house," Jack stated rather bluntly. My brows drew together, and my forehead creased in annoyance.

"I don't particularly favor her."

"You told her to choke on wire," he repeated, feeling the need to remind me.

"Could have been worse," I responded thinking that I had a pretty solid defensive statement, but all that it got me was an extremely exasperated look from Jack that just screamed 'what the hell is wrong with you?' "I can't help that when I see her I want to choke babies."

"I said this once before to Matteo, and I'm saying it again now. Fate was either drunk or high off of it's ass when it made you Luna of this pack."

"Or, you know, there's no such thing as fate," I suggested causing the imaginary bomb in Jack's head to explode.

"Don't start! I'm not doing this with you, again!" Jack started shouting at me with his finger pointed directly at my torso. His shouting brought along angry footsteps that had both of us looking to see who managed to enter the Alpha Level of the pack house.

"Seriously, if I have to hear one more conversation about fate from either of you this week, I'm going to rip your heads off," Daniella threatened. She looked half asleep as she stood in the door way with her long, blonde hair thrown up messily into a bun. Considering it was nine at night, it made sense. Daniella was constantly babbling on and on about how she needs her 'beauty sleep'. I asked her why she doesn't just stay asleep forever. I even offered my assistance, but she and her middle finger politely declined.

"Nice of you to grace us with your presence, Dani," Jack acknowledged. Jack didn't seem phased at all by her presence which didn't surprise me. I assumed they got along considering the two of them and Matteo are basically the most important people of the pack. They pretty much do everything together. Without a tight bond amongst the Alpha, Beta, and Gamma, the pack would most likely crumble.

"Like I didn't know already," Daniella commented as she fixed the strap on her tank top. I didn't miss the way Jack's eyes swiftly raked down Daniella's body which was only covered by a white camisole and a pair of grey booty-shorts. I doubted she even realized that he had done it.

"Can you be any more of a egoist?" I muttered under my breath. I did it loud enough to where I knew she could still hear me, though.

"Ha, ha," she laughed humorlessly. "Can you be any more petty?"

"You wanna find out?"

"No. No, we don't," Jack quickly interjected.

"No," Daniella drug out as she stared me down as if challenging me with her dark eyes, "I think I do."