Chapter 34

Hey readers,

Well here is the next chapter, its slightly longer so read and enjoy. Thank you to everyone who took the time to give me support in both votes and comments since I loved to read them all.

Lots of Love

XXX

Zoe’s Pov

I could tell that as soon as the words spilled from my lips that I had everybody’s attention, including that of the two adults sitting in front of me who I was ashamed and disgusted to call my parents. I hated them with a passion; they were revolting people who didn’t deserve the right to even breathe the same air as everyone else did. Call me extreme, but it was how I felt.

Looking around the room I saw that I was indeed correct, I was in fact everyone’s sole focus as they stared at me with confusion and shock. I doubted they even realised just how much the people they had considered pack, people that they had considered family were so sick in the head that they were constantly making mistakes that would make others pale with just the thought of it.

“Zoe?”

It was my gorgeous and very confused mate who spoke up first, his husky tone sending shivers down my spine as I looked up into those amazing eyes of his. I didn’t know how this whole thing was going to turn out, but I had a feeling that it wasn’t going to be good.

“Hunter” I replied flatly, reluctantly removing my hands from his body which seemed to draw a frown from him. I couldn’t help but flush slightly, but chose to try and ignore it since there were more pressing matters at hand. Like the fact I was about to drop my parents in a whole load of shit that not even they would be able to dig themselves out of.

I could tell that he was aware that I was trying to stall, it wasn’t because I didn’t want to tell him what had happened but rather I was having trouble putting it into the correct words. I had to be careful with how I worded it; I didn’t need my so-called parents picking holes in my confession like I knew they would try to if they could. They were sneaky little bastards after all.

“What do you mean, what are you hiding from me?” he asked with a frown. I hated seeing it on his prefect features, hating it even more that I was the reason it was there in the first place. But I knew that he wouldn’t only frown deeper when I spoke up, unfortunately it would be my fault yet again.

“Do you want to take this, father?” I asked in a bitter tone, looking in the old man’s direction as he swallowed audibly.

“Now Zoe-“ he started but was cut off by my mate, my very protective mate that is.

“Don’t, don’t you dare try and talk yourself out of this. I will give you one chance to come clean, now” Hunter started in his alpha voice, it sending shivers of delight down my spine while it sent fear down everyone else’s. Hey, you can’t blame a girl for finding their mate hot, especially when you take a look at the handsome piece of arse in front of me looking all scrumptious without a shirt on. Can I get a yum?

“I don’t know-“ my father started but he was quickly cut off by a very pissed off alpha whose mood wasn’t getting any better.

“Let me make one thing clear, you lie to me and you will be punished” Hunter snapped, his own parents then having to get involved instead of stepping by and letting him do what needs to be done. I stifled the urge to roll my eyes, though couldn’t help the flash of jealously that hit me with surprise. I couldn’t help it, how many times have I dreamed of having a family that loved me like that, how a family should? But do I get that, no; I don’t because I have to have the selfish idiots in front of me who care about nothing but themselves.