Predator Hero

"Stop!!" shouted Judy, who was climbing up the ladder to the control booth. Nick followed closely behind. Swinton turned to look down at the approaching duo. She grimaced.

"Judy..It was nice of you to drop by earlier." she said. She noticed Nick. He jacket had fallen off at the bottom of the ladder on accident. She realized who he was quickly.

"Wha..WHAT?" she said angrily. She turned back to Judy. "What is he doing here? Why isn't that monster rotting in jail?" she asked. Judy smiled.

"I was going to ask the same about YOU." said the rabbit with anger in her voice. The ladder was attached to the balcony, and would of been difficult to detach. Swinton growled, then pointed her gun at the tigers.

" Whatever. Once they are infected, nothing will be able to change. It will all play out from there."

"No!" Judy climbed up and got inside the small square room and launched at the mayor. But it was too late. She had already delivered a shot into three of the four tigers. But before she could shoot the other, Judy landed into her side, pushing her nearly off the edge of the balcony. Nick hopped up, ready to fight. They could hear screams and roars from below as the three tigers turned, landing on all fours, scratching at their ears. Their collars turned red, but that didn't stop them. The last tiger and Gazelle ran off of the stage, but as soon as they got down, everyone pushed the one tiger to the side.

Swinton smiled up at Judy. Judy took her small paw and punched her in the face. Swinton hissed, and kicked Judy in the stomach with her back foot. Nick jumped up and tried to help Judy, but Swinton took her gun and aimed it at him.

"No!". Judy pushed Nick out of the way, and Nick crashed into the control panels for the stage. The ropes above the stage wiggled, but luckily Nick hadn't pressed anything important. Another kick from Swinton sent him into the glass, breaking it open big enough for him to push Judy out. He fell out as well, waving his arms. Swinton stood up, smiling, but realized that Nick had grabbed a hold of one of the ropes and was swigging down towards the stage, Judy holding onto his tail. Swinton laughed, but hissed when she saw them land on the hard stage down below with a thump.

Judy and Nick got up quickly, dusting off from the fall. But they didn't have long. The crowds were screaming, some running for the doors, others running around wondering what to do. Calling the police. The two turned to see the three tigers, standing above them.

Judy pulled out a small white circular device from her belt. She strapped it onto Nick's arm before he could tell what was happening. He was freaking out over the large tigers coming straight for them.

"Nick, this is a key to take the collar off. Take yours off. Show them. Show them you are not savage without the collar." she said desperately. He looked at her, unsure of what to do. But then, he listened. He put the device to his collar, hearing the beep. The leather necklace fell into his paws. Everyone gasped at the uncollared predator.

He walked over to the edge of the stage, holding the collar in his paws. He held it out for everyone to see.

"This...This is enough!" he shouted. Everyone watched with terror and wonder. He continued. Judy stood behind him, watching the stalking tigers who were inching closer.

"Predators are no different! They're no different from any prey animal! Predators thousands of years ago may have been dangerous, but we have evolved just like you. We love, we cry, we get angry, we get excited, just like you. But we get punished for it!" he called. "And I am tired of it! All predators are tired of it! We're tired of being treated differently! Treated like monsters! Tired of being forced to wear a SHOCK collar around our necks! Tired of being the exact same, yet treated differently!" he finished. "And now, now Mayor Swinton wants to ban predators from the city!"