Chapter 9

And just say the word, we'll take on the world,
Just say you're hurt, we'll face the worst,
Nobody knows you, the way that I know you,
Look in my eyes, I will never desert you, and
Just say the word, we'll take on the world.

--------

The game had started.

"My turn. Umm...Dare!" Kol said excitedly.

"Ooh ooh, can I ask?" Caroline chirped.

"Sure Sis." Kol replied.

"Say I swear I will not sleep with anyone this month or I will let Klaus pound me until I am bruised enough."

"Ha-ha. Good one, love." Klaus snickered.

"Come on, Kol." Rebekah and Caroline chanted.

He repeated with a sorry look on his face.

They all laughed at his misfortune. After all, it was Kol.

Just then, Elijah walked in to the living room. He saw all of them laughing.

"Elijah, join us."

"Unfortunately for you all, I do not participate in meaningless, ridiculous activities." He replied, walking in an awfully fast speed, heading towards the stair case.

He was gone upstairs before they could utter a comeback.

The game was going on like a blazing hot fire.

"Alright, Caroline, you are next."

Rebekah spoke. "Hmmm, I've got one. Have you ever been so drunk you let something stupid happen to you? I know I've."

Klaus glared at her.

Rebekah sighed. "When I was with my nun friends in the church."

Caroline stiffened. Her bright smile faded away as she remembered. The tequila. The party. Her friends. Jesse, her then boyfriend calling her mean things and those words stinging her like a venomous wasp. The woods and the three guys that she did not recognize. She would never be able to forget the dark night as it awaited in her mind to become a darker memory.

Katherine felt her tension and eyed her in a comforting way. She had been there with Elena and Bonnie searching for Caroline in the woods after her missing from the party. She had found Caroline, bruised and clothe-less smelling like sick and wasted. Her face had been swollen and blood pooled between her thighs.

Of course, the three guys were taken care of by Damon, Stefan and Kai but that did not undo anything. They were captured -- for a while, but that did not return her stolen chastity.

Katherine cleared her throat. "I'm going to bed. I need my beauty sleep." She said as she gulped down the last of her drink. "Care….? Let's go?"

She desperately wanted to end the game. She did not want Caroline to go through the same horrors again.

"...Yeah, me too." Said a dazed Caroline.

Klaus noticed the slight change of air but he could not quite put his finger there.

Not then, at least.

------------

"Kat, I'm fine!" Caroline complained as her friend played Mom and tucked her in bed. She sat next to Caroline and eyed her, apologetically.

"I really am," Caroline squeezed her hand. "It... happened a long time ago."

"I know," she nodded, forcing a smile on her face. "I was there. We were there."