SEVENTEEN: CRUSHED

Media: Almost Lover – A Fine Frenzy

Coe's POV

I got drunk. As in, blacked-out drunk because I don't remember a thing.

I know I should be feeling panicked about it because I could have very well made a fool of myself in front of a group of mobsters. But my very rational mind reminded me that the fact I was still having this conversation with myself alive, meant that last night didn't go all that badly.

My stomach churned terribly and I gagged, throwing myself against the toilet seat in an attempt to rid myself of my stomach contents, only to fail miserably as I only dry heaved. My head spun and I had to hold onto the seat to steady myself before I let myself drown in the water in the bowl.

I stared out of the window in the bathroom, wondering who the hell decided that the sun needed to shine so brightly in the first place. It was completely unnecessary and the sun needs to tone it down a notch.

I sighed, picking myself out of the bathroom, deciding that I wasn't going to change because I am completely sure that I will puke, eventually.

I shuffled out of my room reluctantly down the stairs, wondering how on earth I made it back home last night. I am pretty sure I didn't make it on my own two feet.

"Morning." Heath greeted me as I stepped down the stairs as gently as I could so that I would not jolt my already throbbing head any more.

I grunted, dragging my feet to the couch and throwing myself on it, "It's a bad morning for me, Heath. You look like you're doing a lot better than me." I grumbled, looking at him sideways.

He shrugged, pursing his lips slightly before he stood up, "I know that you don't drink coffee, but it helps, so I'm going to pour you some, alright?"

I sighed into the cushion, "Yes, please. Maybe that would get me to puke, finally." My stomach gurgled in response and I covered my mouth, wondering if I needed to make a dash for the common toilet.

I heard shuffling, and Jared walked into view, lingering at a distance, regarding me with a frown quietly, his hands still poised on his half tied tie.

"What?" I asked, annoyed. I was in no mood to banter with this guy. I need sleep, I need to puke and I need my head to stop spinning and hurting at the same time.

Jared said nothing in response, except to frown some more, before looked away from me.

"If you're pissed that I got drunk, stop me next time before I'm on my third glass." I pouted, sitting upright as Heath approached me with a cup of coffee in his hand. He offered it to me and I took it with a grimace, wondering if I should seriously have a go at it.

Jared was still quiet as I took my first sip, "God, how do you guys drink this shit?" I gagged audibly.

Jared turned away from the living room and headed for the kitchen without a word to me. From the way his body was tensed as he moved, I know that he was not in a good mood. Looks like I might have pissed off Jared last night in my drunken state.

I groaned. I missed the Jared that was overly concerned and attached to me, I missed the Jared that was trying to get me to talk to him. Argh. Where did that Jared go, and how do I get him back?

Also, what in the heck happened last night?

I slammed my eyes shut, trying to recall my night. What was the last thing that I remembered?