thirteen

That night Blaise and Pansy had sat beside each other, making no other choice but to let Hermione and Draco on the other end of the table.

What seemed to be a friendly dinner turned into a question game and for the two it had felt like they were confronting the other's parents, because Blaise and Pansy wouldn't keep their mouth shut of asking tons of questions to the both of them.

"So Granger, how did you two became friends?" Blaise asked within curiosity.

"I don't think their friends, Blaise. Draco looked flushed in red you can't even tell if he is actually pale" Pansy whispered in his ear.

"W-well uh.." Hermione was stuttering, and but of course, she doesn't really know the answer to why. It seemed like this was her first time to not answer a question.

She nudged her arm to Draco, looking at him and eyeing him as a signal that he should answer instead.

"I don't think we're technically friends I mean, we just met.. for the second time around when you called her, and.." said Draco, stuttering upon his words and laughing nervously as Blaie and Pansy gave both of a smirk.

Hermione was beginning to feel uncomofortable, as she looked down at her plate and starts eating instead.

"Would you consider Draco as your friend?" Pansy asks.

"As long as he's not doing crime then I'll be willing to" she shrugged, innocently lying.

"Aha! Draco isn't a deatheater anymore, would you look at that?" Blaise raised his hands sarcastically. Hermione couldn't reply and all she did was gave them a chuckle.

Pansy wasn't done asking questions yet however, "If you two were friends can you see yourself dating a Malfoy--"

"Pansy!" Draco raised his eyebrows at her.

"What? Didn't you and Ron broke up? Not to offend you or anything, just read about it in the news and,"

"We did." Hermione said after she cleared her throat, avoiding any eye contact with the three of them.

"Sorry about that." Pansy says sheepishly. "They would make a great couple" she whispered to Blaise once more.

How unfortunate it is that a normal and formal dinner had turned to something not so pleasant to Hermione, because without any of their consent Rita Skeeter was also having dinner at the same place.

Rita takes out her quick quotes and whispered onto it, "make this gold" as she smirks.

"So Draco, tell us again where you've been off to lately," asked Blaise whilst he slices his steak. "Just out" Draco replied, trying to act casual.

"Where out?" Blaised asked once more.

Hermione's eye slightly widened, looking at Draco, who insteads of answering, he gulped down a glass of water; though accidentally, he then realizes that the glass he drank on that is on his right side was not his, but Hermione's.

Blaise and Pansy glared at each other, smirking at them, knowing that Hermione and Draco had just shared an indirect kiss. Hermione took a while until she noticed that he took her glass, her cheeks turning instant pinkish red.

"Hermione, are you thirsty? There's another glass on your left if you'd like" said Pansy, gesturing on her right which was Draco's glass.

Hermione sucked in her breath, trying not to say anything awkward and said, "no thank you, I'm fine.." seems to me Draco's enjoying his spotlight, I can't even do the simplest things in here when Zabini and Pansy are looking at us. She thought.