1.13 - Beach Day

"I'm telling you it's a flop" Emily grumbled beside me.

"Shut up Em" Jake and I both echoed giggling like school girls. Em just looked at us with that scowl of hers and rolled her eyes.

"It's Ashley and Ian's date then why should I go with Drake?" She asked frustrated.

"Oh come on, you know you want to. So just go" Jake argued while helping me set up the table. The sun was setting and it was a lovely view watching the ocean swallow the orange ball of fire.

"Yeah Em, learn to cease the moment" I added while she continued to mumble profanities under her breathe.

"Do you know how he looked at me when I asked him to go out with me?" Emily exclaimed while throwing her hands in exasperation. Jake and I shared a look and then rolled our eyes.

"What will I talk to him the whole night?" Emily asked with a feared look. "All the lovey dovey shit you guys do" Jake shrugged nonchalantly. I stiffled a laugh as Emily glarred daggers at him. "Just shut up" Emily growled and stormed off inside.

"Em..." I called but found myself laughing with Jake.

"Jake only you and me are left" I mumbled as I set the candles properly.

"Let's go to watch movie" Jake squealed.

"Fine" I said and rolled my eyes at his childish behaviour. I just hope everything goes just fine.

*5 hours later*

"That movie sucked" Jake whined as we entered the house. I kept my car keys in the nearby bowl and sat on the couch. Removing my heels I massaged my legs.

"It was your choice what do you expect?" I answered back to which he glared at me.

"I'm hungry" Jake whined again and dashed towards the kitchen. I rolled my eyes at him. I noticed whenever I'm with Jake I tend to do that a lot. My stomach grumbled reminding me that I need to fill it. I sighed and got up to go to the kitchen. Suddenly I bumped into a hard back.

"Ow. Jake why are you standing like a pillar in the middle of the way?" I whined and rubbed my sore forehead. When I didn't received a reply I looked up and saw him looking at something in front of him. I followed his line of vision and my heart broke all over again.

Ian and Ashley stood really close to each other and their eyes were on each other's lips. When they about to crash Jake almost yelled my name snapping them of their daze and literally giving me a heartattack as he was standing beside me.

"What?" I asked as I kept a hand on my heart.

"Are you hungry?" He asked. I made a face which screamed 'what?'. He just motioned with his eyes saying 'just go with it'. After realisation dawned me I quickly replied with a "Yes"

"Let's go check whether something is there is the kitchen" Jake said and turned around faking shock after seeing Ian and Ashley.

"Oh! You guys are here?" Jake asked.

"Yes" Ashley answered.

"Nobody was here and I was kinda hungry so Ian and I ate" she continued and looked at Ian who was now sitting on his chair with his one leg popped on top of another's knee. He didn't even lift his eyes up to look at me.

"I'll go check something to have" I said and rushed in the kitchen. I held the counter and took deep breathes to calm my heart. I couldn't clear the image of Ashley and Ian looking at each other and were about to kiss.

"You okay?" Jake asked and kept a hand on my shoulder. I smiled at him and nodded. I rummaged through the drawers and removed pasta.

"It's pasta time" I winked at him and began preparing dinner.