1.16 - The Surprise

"Seriously Casey? I asked you to do one thing, one and you couldn't do that on time?" I yelled furiously pacing up and down the kitchen, constantly running a hand through my brown locks in frustration.

"I'm sorry ma'am" she apologized with quivering voice.

"Tomorrow is the benefit, now what should I serve them? Your sorry ass?" I yelled and hung up the phone in anger. I was literally a huffing puffing mess. I rarely get angry and currently I'm angry, stressed and worried. Not a good combination at all.

An annoying chuckle sounded around the kitchen where I was busy pacing angrily. I turned sideways and glared at Aiden who was eating his tuna sandwich which he made me ready for him, forcefully might I add. He raised his hands in surrender but continued to laugh at my condition.

After calming myself down I started feeling guilty for yelling at that poor thing. I picked up my phone and was about to call her back to apologize. A hand snatched it away from my hand. I scowled at Aiden who was busy wagging his index finger in front of my face and shaking his head mumbling a "No-no-no" like scolding a child to not put mud in his mouth.

"I know that look. Don't you dare apologize to her. Next time she won't do the little work she managed to do it." He said and kept my phone in his pocket.

"But tomorrow is the benefit what do I do? The caterers are not finalized, the decoration is incomplete and we don't have enough bartenders" I exclaimed with horror on my face. Now when I said that out loud I realised how much work is pending. It's IMPOSSIBLE to that in less then 24 hours.

"Hey beautiful sit down" Aiden guided me towards the stool and gently pushed me down till my butt touched the cold metal causing a shiver crawled up my spine.

"Don't worry, everything will be fine. I promise" he said with assurance.

From past two weeks our relation gradually changed. He tried to flirt with me for two days and then I figured it's wrong to led him because honestly he is just wasting his time so I told him my entire story. What actually is my relation with Ian and what is the exact reason that I'm staying here. He was furious at first, not because I lied to him but because he thinks Ian is doing a mistake by leaving me for Ashley. I told him that he can't help who he loves.

Later our relation took a major turn from flirting to irritating each other to death and standing my each other's side like brother and sister. He's really like a big brother I never had.

"There's no time for fake promises" I rolled my eyes. "and by the way it's all your fault" I narrowed my eyes in a glare.

"What? Why me?" He squealed like a girl.

"You are the one that took me for a long drive and parties and not to forget you literally made me steal a rose, a fucking rose" I exclaimed.

"Oh stop being goody-to-shoes. I know you enjoyed it more than I did" Aiden smirked when I averted my eyes and my cheeks heated up in embarrassment. Not to forget the shoutings we received from Ian because I apparently forgot my phone and so did Aiden. He is still mad at me though, for being so careless. I have to do something to make up to him.

"Hello? Anyone there?" He said knocking my forehead. I scowled at him and swatted his hand away.

"You go and sleep I'll do everything" he said and pushed me towards the door, completely forgeting that I was sitting. I frantically moved my hands in desperate need of something to catch that can prevent my fall. Unfortunately that happened to be Aiden's shirt. He was caught off guard so instead of prevent me from falling he fell on top of me. Luckily he kept his hand on back of head so I didn't hit my head hard but that can't be said the same about my back though.