1.22 - Goodbyes

Preview:

I was having a sense of dèja vu now. The same music played in the background as I walked down the aisle. Spring air brushed passed us. Everything was silent beside the music playing in the background as everyone stood to welcome the bride. There were many people then I expected and media lined up in front of the altar ready to click a perfect shot of an epic wedding.

My eyes landed on the groom who stood there in front of the priest with his hands over one another in front of him while his eyes stayed on me.

********************
Present :

I walked back to the guest room where Ashley was getting ready. When I reached the room she already stood in front of the mirror, fully dressed and the boutique of flowers in her hand smiling brightly at her reflection. I smiled a small smile. Atleast someone is happy.

"Now you look like a perfect bride, happy" I said walking towards her with a warm smile. She whipped her head around and grinned when she saw me. "Alison" she held my hands tightly and took deep breaths.

"I'm nervous" she mumbled.

"First step towards marraige" I grinned at her and squeezed her hand to reassure her a little.

"You know I thought it will be awkward since your Ian's ex and all but I'm more then relieved that on this day I'm having my sister" Ashley said. I only smiled at her in reply.

"Ashley, it's time" dad said entering the room. He offered his arm for Ashley, but she didn't budge.

"Ashley?" Dad called.

"Dad, I don't know if this is appropriate or not but can Alison walk me down the aisle?" Ashley asked innocently. My breath hitched in my throat. I was planning on just showing my face and leaving the wedding because honestly I can't see them sharing the vows but it seems like my whole plan is shattered. I know why she's doing this though, because she thinks Ian still has feelings for me which is right but she doesn't need to know that.

Dad was about to protest but I stopped him.

"It would be my honor" I curtsied dramatically. Ashley giggled happily. I offered her my arm to which she hooked hers to. I walked passed dad who looked at me with sympathy and sadness. I chose to ignore him. I don't want people's sympathy.

Soon we reached the big wooden doors. I was having a sense of dèja vu now. The same music played in the background as I walked down the aisle. Spring air brushed passed us. Everything was silent beside the music playing in the background as everyone stood to welcome the bride. There were many people then I expected and the media lined up in front of the altar ready to click a perfect shot of a epic wedding.

My eyes landed on the groom who stood there in front of inl hands over one another in front of him while his eyes stayed on me. As we neared him my heartbeat starting beating rapidly. This is it. This is the end of Ian and Alison.

I smiled at him as we reached him and extended Ashley's hand to hand it to him but he never offered his hand. His eyes were still on me as of he was debating something. I sighed and took his hand in mine, turning it upside down and kept Ashley's hand on his and closing his fist.

"I kept my word" I said looking into his blue eyes and started backing away slowly. The priest started the ceremony and with each sentence I took a step behind. Ian looked at Ashley but his eyes somehow bounced back on me. I just continued to smile at him.

"Do you both pledge to share your lives openly with one another, and to speak the truth in love? Do you promise to honor and tenderly care for one another, cherish and encourage each other, stand together, through sorrows and joys, hardships and triumphs for all the days of your lives?"