0022

Craig had been blankly staring at his wall for the past hour, with his feet tangled up in the slept in blankets, and his raven hair disarrayed from the non stop turning he'd accomplished during sleep. He'd contemplated getting up a while ago, vast hunger starting to set in with the mental image of crispy bacon sliding through his mind, yet hearing his parent readying to tear into each others throats like a pack of wolves going against their omega, made him reconsider. It had been like that for a while now, the two of them continuously picking at the slightest thing like an itchy scab.

The low vibration of Craig's phone was enough to stop him from listening to their latest argument. He made a low groan in the back of his throat, before aimlessly swatting his hand out to grab at it. He always forgot to prepare himself for the intense brightness that came with looking at his phone first thing in the morning, his translucent eyes read the notifications on the screen, non of which interested him. Clyde had sent a few messages, nothing out of the ordinary there since he was a double texter. He'd had an old one from Token that he'd never bothered opening, and a new one from Kenny.

He ignored Kenny, his head not ready to deal with him right now, and instead opened  the conversation with Clyde, deciding to see what he wanted. It something about him leaving his wallet at Kyle's, and not wanting to go over there alone. Like hell Craig was going, he'd rather scratch his own eyes out than willingly go to Kyle Broflofski's household.

Clyde had another idea in mind, though. He knew Craig would brush him off, or pretend he hadn't read his messages. His pace increased slightly as he wrapped his arms around his stomach in a weak attempt to shield himself from the cold. Blankets of white snow coated the sidewalk, deep enough to engulf his shoes, making it difficult to walk normally. Clyde's red nose glistened, not completely numb, as the harsh air circled him like a plague. He sniffed, with Craig's house in sight as he dragged his feet from the holes they'd created.

He paused before knocking on the door since he could already hear the war going on inside, and momentarily thought about turning around, but then again, with all that going on, Craig would probably be greatfull to get away from them for a while.

When Craig answered the door with a stern look, not speaking as he stood with the door half open, he ran one hand through his hair. Clyde could see Mr Tucker in the background, slouched on the couch as he watched tv with a can of beer in his hand, despite it being early morning.

Clyde fixed his friend with a pitiful look, though Craig only stared back absently. "If we head over to Kyle's now, we can make it to Tokens' band practice in time to hear them play one song. At least then he can't complain about us never showing up." Clyde proclaimed.

"I'm not going." Craig shifted, deciding to lean on the door, using it for support. His voice was a usual monotone as he blankly watched Clyde shiver.

"Craig! Who's at the door?" The sophisticated tapping of heals could be heard, before a blonde woman appeared by Craig's side, pulling the door open to its full extent. Craig scowled at his mom, having being knocked off from leaning against it. "Oh, Clyde! Good morning dear, are you coming inside? It's absolutely freezing out there."

Clyde politely smiled but shook his head, exposing his neck to the cold air. "We're about to head out," He blurted, mischievous eyes flicking to his friend for less than a second. "Craig said he'd help to look for my wallet."

Craig scoffed. "No, I didn't."

Mrs Tuckers waved her son off dismissively whilst her eyes hovered on the brunette standing at her door. "Oh my, do you have any ideas where it could be?"