13

I’ve been called many things over the years, but “one hot bitch” is not one of them. So I wasn’t sure how to react.

“You’re not one of those feminists who are going to beat me for saying that are you?” He asked putting his hands up in front of his face in mock fear.

“I might” I quipped, deciding to go along with the joking tone of the whole thing, for fear of total and utter awkwardness.

“Well, if your going to punch me, please don’t do it in the face, I’ve been told it's one of my best features.”

I smiled at him- I would have to agree.

“That’s me fishing for a compliment by the way,” He said looking at me earnestly.

“Oh… was that what it was.” I laughed, “Well in that case, you’re very handsome.”

“Not hot?”

“Mmmm…Maybe at the right angle.”

“Ouch.” He grabbed his chest as if he’d been wounded. 

 “Okay fine…” I couldn’t hide the bashful tone in my voice, “You’re pretty hot.” I hadn’t expected the reaction, but without warning I blushed. A proper bright red, warm flush. Without thinking I touched my cheeks, which only drew attention to them.  

“I make you hot under the collar I see?” Of course he would take this opportunity for another witty retort. And then his demeanor changed as his eyes met mine tentatively.

“I’m being serious too. I think you’re pretty hot.”

That moment when you hear a pin drop.

Where you shuffle uncomfortably in your seat.

When you can hear your heart beating.

We sat in silence- unsure how to proceed. It was clear we enjoyed spending time together and by now it was clear that we were attracted to each other. But I was afraid that from my side my feelings for him were going slightly deeper than that. And this was the guy that didn’t do love. Chris was the kind of guy you didn’t want to develop feelings for.

“So, the movie!” I said, trying to steer the conversation into another direction.

Chris picked up the remote and started flicking through the channels, but it soon became obvious that all the movies were in French with English subtitles.

“Gives us a chance to brush up on our French,” Chris said settling into the couch. (Shoulders officially touching now!)

The movie started, and I didn’t understand any of it. There seemed to be a lot of angst and tension between the two main characters. Much intense staring and smoking of Gaulois cigarettes, and then the unthinkable happened.

Before I knew it, she (effortlessly chic French woman with petit features and a pixie cut) was naked. He, (smoldering French men with intense eyes) was aggressively pinning her to the wall. His pants came off, revealing a perfect bum, and he spread her legs and …

They went for it.

It was frantic and sticky and hot and wild and went from the wall to the bed to the floor and back to the bed. It was one of the most hectic sex scenes I'd ever seen in a movie. (Bar Oceans 11 Inches of course) You actually saw penis!

I sat dead still, unable to move, I didn’t want to look in Chris’ direction. I could feel his muscles tensing and body stiffening. Mine did too, I was no longer relaxed, instead I sat bold upright in the chair.