Chapter 12 - Nigel Quintin Ulysses

CHAPTER 12
NIGEL QUINTIN ULYSSES

After letting him watch my favorite Youtube series — which is called Most Popular Girls In School, or MPGIS for short, to say that I'm not at least bit embarrassed is an understatement. I'm beyond embarrassed because this is the first time I have let anyone know, much less let them watch, my favorite show on Youtube. I mean, for other guys who aren't as popular as me, it's going to be fine for them. But me, I have a reputation. (I hope you don't give me the bullshit wherein you think that all I care about is my reputation – the reason why I'm keeping my reputation clean is because I want to have a clean record when I get out of high school, and I feel like letting them know about how I want to watch mushy and unlikely stuff on Youtube is going to taint my reputation.)

Mark has laughed a lot upon watching a few episodes of the said show. From Episode 1 and the last episode he watched is Episode 8. The average time for each episode is seven to nine minutes. So it has been an hour ever since he stayed in my house. He watched it inside my room, and on my phone.

Usually I don't let anyone have my phone, much less let a stranger touch my phone, but seeing how Mark enjoys watching it, I don't have any problem at all. Even Julia, my girlfriend, is not allowed to browse things on my phone. It's not like I'm hiding something, but I want to have my privacy. Julia and I have already established that – if permission is obtained, then we can let anyone see each other's phones.

"Wow, you've got a lot of movies here," he says, voice coated with excitement as he stares at the seven-story drawer filled with DVDs. It's in an alphabetical order. He turns to look at me, and there's an awe-struck expression etched on his face that makes my heart skip a beat. I turn to look away, hoping he doesn't see that I'm blushing madly. What's wrong with me? "I've never seen someone so... movie-obsessed, I guess. But this is awesome. I have only watched a few movies in my life because I was never interested but now... seeing this collection makes me want to watch every single one of them."

I look at him with an "are you serious" look because really, he has only watched a few movies his whole life? I mean, people like to watch movies at all (it's just that I'm, like what he said earlier, a movie-obsessed human being). "Are you being serious?"

"Yes, I am," he says, tilting his head to the side, confusion now drawn on his face. "It's true."

"Oh my God, you've got to see these awesome movies," I take a step forward, making him step back. I've grabbed a few movies from the cabinet. "For starters, I've got this collection of Fast and the Furious, or you can start with gore movies such as Saw series, or Final Destinations series."

Walking back to my bed, I grab the remote of the newly installed plasma television on the wall and turn the DVD player on. I motion for him to get over here in my bed as he's still standing near my movie cabinet.

"So which one do you wanna watch first?" I ask him, spreading the DVDs across my bed, letting him decide which one he's going to watch first. There's a light in his eyes that I can't decipher and it makes my heart flutter upon seeing the smile tugging into his lips. Mark points at the Final Destination DVD. "Final Destination 1, it is." I chortle, grabbing the disc from the case and putting it into the DVD player.

For the most part of the movie, Mark remains silent. Most of the time, as he watches the movie, he makes a lot of faces as the gore part comes in. I have to admit, he looks really cute and adorable when he scrunches up his nose in disgust when he sees a victim getting killed.

We never speak while the movie is on. I keep throwing glances at him, wanting to see how his reactions come and go. He turns to look at me, then back to the movie, and I laugh softly, shaking my head. He seems so confused yet he's clearly enjoying it.