Chapter Twenty-Five: Wait Up

~ I got your ripped skinny jeans lyin' on he floor, and I know now, that I'm so down... ~

Chapter Twenty-Five: Wait Up

"What're you doing?"

Max looked over at me and and smiled, continuing his quiet strumming. He shrugged a little, shifting my guitar a little on his lap, about a week and a half later.

"Just playin'," he answered cutely, his eyes returning to his fingers on the neck of the older acoustic. I smiled a bit, watching him where he sat in the middle of my music room and leaning against the frame of the door. "How was work?" he asked, beginning to pluck out notes instead of strumming.

I sighed. "Sleepy," I laughed. "I took care of Landon for a while," I paused. "He asked about you."

Max chuckled sweetly. "What'd he say?"

I walked further into my music room, sitting behind Max, my back against his. We leaned against each other, the weight just enough to keep us both balanced. "He asked if you were still my boyfriend," I said. "When I told him yes, he wanted me to call you to come see him. He likes you a lot."

Max laughed a little, his melodies flourishing. "And you didn't call me because...?"

I leaned my head back on his shoulder. "Because you've been putting off unpacking the rest of your stuff for three days now," I laughed. "I didn't wanna disrupt you doing what you said you were finally gonna do today."

Max chuckled again. "Good point."

I turned my head a little to kiss his shoulder blade. "So are you officially moved in?"

Max's quiet strumming stopped as he shifted the guitar away from his body, turning so my back leaned against his chest. "Yes, little dove," he whispered. "Officially moved in."

I giggled as his arms encircled me, biting my lip as his mouth found my ear, his teeth gently nibbling on my skin. "Why don't we go out to celebrate?" Max asked. "Maybe dinner and a movie? Ice cream afterwards?"

I smiled, looking back at him and nodding. "Sounds wonderful, baby," I whispered, kissing his jaw. Max chuckled, his fingers at my hip absently tracing my elephant.

"It really is a sweet tattoo," he commented, pulling my sweats down a little around my right hip in order to expose the gray skin. "You never did tell me what it's significance is, though."

I looked down at it, smiling slightly. "My mom loved elephants," I told him quietly as I tilted my head. "They're a symbol of strength and love."

Max was still, before nodding a bit, running his thumb along its trunk. "It's fitting," he whispered.

I chuckled, losing myself for a moment in the swirl of memories and thoughts. "I never really expressed how unrealistically grateful I was that you gave me the opportunity to ride one, by the way," I told him. "I'm crazy thankful for that."

Max smiled, kissing my hair. "It was my pleasure, baby," he murmured. "Making you happy is one of my favorite things to do in this world."

I giggled, turning so my back leaned against one of his legs. Max smiled again, slowly taking my chin in his fingers and lifting, pressing his lips against my jaw. "Have I told you lately that you're beautiful?"

I rolled my eyes lovingly, biting my lip. "You tell me all the time," I laughed, feeling him nuzzling his nose against the hollow of my throat, tickling lightly and making me giggle. Max grinned against my skin, his hand moving to grip the nape of my neck.

"That's only because I want you to feel beautiful," Max chuckled, his face pressed into my neck. "I want you to know there's nothing I love more than waking up beside your lovely face every day..."