•Filler Chapter : His Weakness•

Scarlett.

"You really don't talk much. Do you?..."
I ignore her. Again.
She wants me to talk and I just don't want to.

My eyes are everywhere else. I just can't trust anyone here... I am restless.
Need to protect the baby...
Keep the baby safe...
I kept chanting in my head.

Thats all I seem to be doing nowadays.
After him...

"How far along are you?" Her annoying voice asks me. I look up at her and stared at her beautiful face, emotionlessly.
She has those kind brown eyes, that makes me want to trust her. But I am just not able to.

Ignoring her again, I pick at my food.

They keep telling me to eat.
But the moment I put the food into my mouth, I want to throw up.
I don't know what you do to make sure you keep the food inside during the pregnancy.
I can't seem to stop it.
I need to eat.

"I can help you get out of here." She whispers. I look up at her, my eyes growing.
"My husband. He knows I am here. He is getting me out soon..." She urges nodding her head in encouragement.
I can't. Rage will get me out of here. I need to stay. I can't leave. I can't make Rage loose my trace. I know he is after me. I know he won't abandon me like this.
Even though I killed......
Even thought I killed Timmy.

I shook my head and got up to leave.
The guards that are assigned to me stand up along with me and escort me back to my cell.

The cell I share with her.....

***

They told me I am free to go today.
I couldn't believe it.
Its been only two weeks or more....I don't remember.

I was moved into another cell when one of the prisoner here was murdered in cold blood, few nights ago, just three cells away from me.

The smell still makes me want to puke even though it has been washed away.

I am sitting quietly in my grey jumpsuit with my hands covering my belly, protectively.

You need another Timothy...

His voice keeps replaying in my head. Again and again. And I can't stop it no matter how much I try.

A sob escaped my lips and I whimper as I try to keep in my emotions.

I deserved this...
But I can't be here. Not when he tried to kill my baby.

"I see you are all ready to leave..." I hear her voice again and jump up, startingly.
She gives me a dimpled pretty smile and looks at me kindly.

There is something really wrong with her.
She may look like a prey with that innocent doll like face. But I have seen something in her eyes. A fire.

She sits on the bed, and I sit next to her with my back stiff.
"I came here for an assignment." She tells me.
I look at her in confusion.

"My name is Lila. Lila Carter." She says with a one side grin.
I frown.

I may have heard that name somewhere. She looks familiar too....But I don't remember how?!

"I am from the states. Few months back your husband had helped me catch a Spanish Mob Boss. Santiago. I don't know if you know about him. He had fled this country after Rage established his reign and moved to South America. He tried to kill my husband. But....He ran away.... I got him back. But you see due to some unplanned circumstances, I had to get rid of him. And risked loosing a vital information that I needed out of him. his daughter was sentenced for life few years ago... the only one who could have helped me get to my goal."

My eyes grow big at this revelation.
She...She was the one who got killed few nights ago..,

"I killed her..." She says with her eyes searching through mine, trying to make out whatever emotions that are crossing my face, sitting next to a murderer.

"I had to come here to get something on him, from his daughter. She wasn't much of a help I tell you.." she chuckles as if she didn't just admit to killing someone...

"I had to stay back, cause of you. Adrian is going to be so angry....." She chuckles dryly shaking her head, looking away from me.

She again faces me and smiles kindly, her eyes glazed.
"When I saw you. I instantly knew who you were. And when that fucker...tried to kill you and your baby. I had to keep you safe so I stayed back. I owe you that. I owe..... Rage." She says nodding again.

"I will be in the country until the end of month. Whatever that is out there that is making sure You don't give birth to that baby." She says looking down at my stomach.
Her eyes go back on mine and she continues...
"Is still out there. And I want you to remember my name. If you need anything. Anything at all.....I want you to find me. I'll keep my resources open for you."
With that she holds my hand and gently squeezes it.

Her tattooed hand looks so rough against my gentle soft ones.
She is tough. Something I wish I could be...

"Don't be scared...
Sometimes we mourn for those who we lost because we think we can't be happy again because we lost that important person in our life. We stop doing things that make us happy. Because we feel like we don't deserve it anymore after we lost them.
Life is so much more bigger.....than this.
Everyday that we loose fighting away our happiness. We are closer to loosing what we have and what we built.
Don't loose that...
Sometimes. Us woman. Us woman have to be the one standing behind our men, having his back. Knowing there is no one...no one else that he can trust. But as long as he has you. He has everything that he needs....to fight. He needs you. Never forget that.
Life goes on. Even though it feels like it stopped after you lost the one who was so important to you.
You need to remember this when you get out of here."

I look down at our adjoined hands, and smiled.

If only I was strong enough to face the world knowing I killed my own brother..

He is out there. Waiting for us to let our guards down.
The weaker I am. The Weaker Rage will be.

I know I'll do anything to make sure I don't become a pawn again.
Even if it means staying inside, safe. With him.
Where nothing can touch me.
Where nothing can harm me.
Because once I step out.
I know I'll risk everything.
I can't do that.
I can't become his weakness again...

***