9: Kismet

✩°。⋆*❀✿❀✿゚.*・。゚

Natsu lay on his bed with small sudden snores escaping his lips every once in awhile. Last night he told to his dad and friends that he would be productive and look for a job, that way he could save some money before college started.

Natsu and Igneel were definitely not the wealthiest. Igneel had to work two jobs in order to support the family with basic needs. Natsu's childhood was full of work; he needed the money to keep their income stable. From an early age, he learned to be smart with his money. He didn't waste it on things most children would spend it on: such as video games and toys. He came from a humble background and it helped shaped him into a wise man. Natsu didn't want to burden his dad with tuition fees, so he strategically saved some money ahead of time. Thankfully, some of perks that came with the title "Valedictorian" were the many scholarship. All he needed  to worry about were some extra fees here and there.

Despite trying to be productive, he ended up staying in his room all day, wrapped in a blanket. He watched funny videos and memes. Each time he was about to stand up, it was either too cold to continue or the force of gravity pulled him back into bed. He procrastinated and told himself he would do his stuff 'later.'

Two knocks that rang from his bedroom door startled him, "Natsu!" His dad's voice was always so loud and full of energy, his spirit animal was probably a dragon or something. "Get out of bed, and go get a life, leave!"

Natsu rolled on his side and onto the floor because he was too lazy to walk on his legs. "Fine, Fine."

"Well I'm going to work," Igneel laughed seeing Natsu struggle to realize that his shirt was on backwards, "I'll see you later, I left your breakfast on the table."

"Thanks." Natsu called out from the bathroom as he went to go do his business. He stared at his reflection and sighed at the face that stared back at him. He had puffy pink bags around his eyes with crazy hair sticking out around his head. I really need to get my life under control.

He took a 5 second trip to the kitchen where he sat down and happily ate his food. During this time, he decided to check his phone and text his friends on snapchat. He opened the group chat that Jellal had made a few weeks back.

Natsu took a quick shot of his triple chins and sent it in the group chat with the caption "hEY".

Jellal was the first to open it a few minutes later.

Jellal: Wtf

Gray sent a picture of himself in a similar pose with a camel emoji.

Natsu: Hey, should I go visit Lucy today? I'm in a good mood so should i confess or something?

Jellal: lol u wild

Gray: haven't you only known each other for a few days?

Gajeel: do it and tell me what happens

Natsu: i added her on snap, we have a streak but she never sends pictures of herself. She only sends 1 second black screens

Gray: what were u expecting? Is that a metaphor for wanting nudes?

Natsu choked on his water. He furiously began to type and exhale loudly at the thought of them laughing at him and Gray's dumb comment.

Natsu: NOOOOO SCREW YOU

Gajeel: imagine being as stupid as Gray, thankfully I can't relate

Natsu remembered how he looked at the moment so he went to go take a quick shower. He was going to take a stroll around the shopping center later.

He realized he never went to places alone. His dad or friends usually tagged along with him, so it was a great experience and a great way to enjoy some peace.

At some point he walked into a bookstore to buy some books and rent some movies.

He curiously walked in the magazine aisle, out of boredom. A particular set of brown eyes caught his attention on the cover of a vogue magazine.

Lucy Heartfilia.

He grabbed it and scanned the aesthetic pleasing cover. Lucy stood next to other girls, with a glimmering ocean background behind them.

It talked about Lucy's success. What really caught his attention was the highlighted statement by Lucy.

"I really wanted -- and still do --  is to kill-"

Natsu fell forward a bit as someone fell against him. He slowly turned around, expecting to see a child or something based on the light weight that he felt.

There in front of hin, stood a short girl with light blue hair, staring back at him.

Her cheeks were tinted a light rose color because she was embarrassed that she had accidently tripped and fallen on the tall stranger in front of her.

Her face seemed somewhat familiar to him, but couldn't recall her name.

"Levy! Look I found it!" A tall lanky guy walked towards her with some books in hand.

✩°。⋆*❀✿❀✿゚.*・。゚