Chapter Twenty-Five

A/N: Sorry it's been so long my darlings! I had a wonderful holiday and I'm all refreshed and ready to punch out some Teen Wolf.

I may be a little tired from crying over that last episode, but I think I'll live. I think.

Anyway, here is the new update and I hope you like! It's sort of an info filler but give me 50 comments and I'll make the next one a good one :)

                                                        ~ ~ ~

“So what are you going to do this weekend, you know, with Stiles off college hunting with his dad?” Isaac asked as he sat on the couch watching Derek search for a book from the shelf.

Derek’s shoulders tensed and he grit his teeth. “Isaac, why are you still here?”

He shrugged. “Scott’s got some big paper due on Monday and says he can't concentrate when I'm there.”

“Neither can I.” Derek grumbled.

“On what? Staring at the same row of books for five minutes?”

Derek spun around, raising his eyebrows and huffing out loudly through his nose.

Isaac rolled his eyes. “Oh come on, we both know that you let me stay here because you don’t want to be alone.”

Derek shifted his feet to square up with Isaac, folding his arms across his chest with his expression unchanged. “Did you ever think maybe I’m waiting for you to leave?”

Isaac thought for a moment and then shook his head. “Nope, I think you don’t care either way.” Derek narrowed his eyes. “I do think you might be waiting for me to shut up though, yeah, I’m going to shut up now.” He said.

Derek just huffed out again, his eyes spinning in their sockets and turned back around to the bookshelf, back to staring at the same shelf again.

Isaac sighed and lay back on the couch.

“Is there absolutely nowhere else you can be?” Derek asked after a few minutes of nothing but their near-silent breathing.

“Alright, alright, I’m going. But if you get lonely without Stiles I am not coming over to sit with you while you mope about.” Isaac said, knowing that he was walking on ice thinner than tissue paper.

“You know that we spend time apart. I don’t actually live with him.” Derek said.

“No, not yet.” Isaac sniggered. “Don’t expect that to be your permanent situation.” He said before peeling himself off the couch and shoving his wallet into his pocket. “Not going to tell me to be back in by ten?”

“If you’re stupid enough to get yourself into trouble then you deserve what you get.” Derek said. “Now get out.”

Isaac smiled. He knew that Derek was just being his usual grouchy self. He still liked to hide himself behind that mask but the more time he spends with Stiles and the rest of the pack, the more he softens, the more he shows glimpses of the other side to him. Isaac knows that there is a playful part of him in there, a happy, friendly, open and caring guy in there hiding behind the guilt and the tormented past.

He sometimes wished that he would let go of the guilt he felt at being the only one in his family to make it out alive – aside from Peter but in the eyes of most people he really didn’t count – not to mention how he felt responsible for all of it. Despite that, Isaac was just glad to see Derek smile from time to time.

“I’ll see you when I see you.” He waved a little as he stepped into the elevator doors.

As they began to screech shut he heard Derek call to him. “If you wake me up when you get back I will definitely kill you!”